Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Account Officer at Cummins Nigeria
Account Officer at Cummins Nigeria
Jul 22, 2020, 1:31 AM
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer Req ID: 20000186 Location: (Lagos-Island, DBU Alausa) Lagos Job Type: Experienced - Exempt / Office Recruitment Job Type: Office Job: Finance
- Supports account reconciliation and analysis, journal entry preparation and data entry. Supports the month-end close process. Performs activities under moderate supervision.
- Performs monthly and annual account reconciliations.
- Assists with preparation of tables, charts and other exhibits for reports.
- May perform less complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Compiles, consolidates and conducts basic analysis of accounting and finance information.
- Prepares basic journal entries.
- Performs ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Financial Analysis - Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
- Financial Regulations Acumen - Evaluates applicable regulations for the financial area of focus, such as tax, banking, pension, local accounting to ensure underlying transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable regulations; explains key requirements and purpose of regulations and implications to the business to inform and educate relevant stakeholders.
- Financial Internal Controls - Leverages internal control framework by assessing internal controls and developing remediation plans to mitigate financial reporting risks and respond to changing business needs.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts