Accounting Jobs at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding
solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning
research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs
of tropical countries.
IITA works with partners to enhance crop
quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and
generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization
founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA
works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam,
cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture
research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Account Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-043
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in financial operations including revenue and expenditure trends analysis and financial commitments;
- Create solutions to operational and financial issues/challenges,
monitor funds status and the amounts transferred by donor to center
- Liaise with all project partners to obtain required information
in time, check for completeness, accuracy and allowability of the
expenses before finalizing the accounts in close working relationship
with PAO and IITA finance team;
- Analyze financial information with recommendations to project leader and develop efficient use of resources and procedures;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Accounting or Financial Management with five (5)
years relevant experience performing similar role in a well-structured
organization. Possession of ACA or ACCA is highly essential.
Ideal Candidate must have:
How to Apply
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent ability in communicating ideas effectively.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of financial applications (ORACLE)
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering
letter which should address how the candidate’s
background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position
applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three
professional referees (which must include either the Head of the
applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct
Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply
2nd November, 2016.