Administrative and Procurement Assistant at Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite entrepreneurs, we partner with people living in poverty to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We are recruiting a qualified candidate to join our dedicated and talented Nigerian team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Administrative and Procurement Assistant
Employment Type: Contract Country Staff
Department: Programs - WA / MENA
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible (January 2023)
- The Nigeria WAY project, funded by Government of Canada and MEDA is assisting over 16,000 economically active poor women and youth to increase their income particularly those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybean, and groundnut value chains.
- In addition, the project is working with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up.
- The project entitled Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) is being implemented in seven LGAs in Bauchi state until March 2024.
- Under the supervision of the Administrative and IT Manager, the Administrative and Procurement Assistant will provide support in the seamless administrative and procurement operation of MEDA Nigeria office.
- Work closely with the Administrative &IT Manager to support the Country Manager to provide administrative and business support services to the MEDA Nigeria office.
- The position works closely with the Nigeria WAY team to ensure project goals are meet seamlessly.
- Coordinates operations at the reception desk. From receiving partners and visitors to sharing necessary information with partners and staff.
- Ensure that partners, visitors are treated cautiously and with dignity according to MEDA’s policies.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and organized. Manage office equipment’s and ensure that it is used effectively in line with MEDA’s policies.
- Support the Administrative & IT Manager to ensure that the office is organized effectively maintaining paperless processes, seamless administration and partner/staff support are efficient and friendly.
- Support in filling and managing of documents in line with MEDA’s policies.
- Support the Security and Operations Manager with operations and travel logistics activities as it relates to staff and partners.
- Support the Administrative and IT Manager in managing procurement processes for the office ensuring necessary documents are in place using MEDA Nigeria procurement policy
- Support the Finance and Grants Manager in receiving and reviewing partners expenses ensuring that expenses and supporting documents comply with MEDA Nigeria procurement policy.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by Administrative & IT Manager.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the line manager or management
- Work hand in hand with the Administrative and IT Manager to ensure adequate office supplies are in place and accounted for.
- Support in the management of inventory for Nigeria WAY Project.
- Provide planning and organizing support to ensure events management including training activities are properly serviced including organizing venues, supervising room layouts for programs, scheduled workshops or demonstrations.
- Assists in the arrangement of meetings at the field office and prepares and circulates minutes to necessary partners and staff.
- Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, or another relevant field
- Knowledge of procurement procedures for Global Affairs Canada regulations, or similar international donors.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft office 365.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration, operations, and procurement management with international development projects.
- Strong operations and office management
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s Mission vision and values.
- Proven experience in providing support in office management, administration, operations and procurement management.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Sunday; 11th December, 2022 (5:00pm West Africa Standard Time).
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect.
- Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance