Administrative Assistant at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting a highly motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Estimated Start Date: On/around December 1, 2022
Supervisor and Reporting: Operations and Finance Director
- Chemonics International is starting up the USAID-funded Frontier Health Markets Engage project in Nigeria. As USAID's flagship private sector health project, FHM Engage envisions a world in which health markets are responsive, equitable, resilient, and driven by consumer needs.
- To meet this vision, FHM Engage- led by Chemonics and its core partners, co-technical lead Results for Development, Pathfinder, and Zenysis catalyzes the adoption of fresh, contextually-relevant pathways in health market development by building on existing structures and offering strong behavioral, technical, and managerial approaches.
- While supporting local market actors to build upon current government and donor investments, we also use systems thinking to understand the market system, identify root causes of market under performance, and develop context-specific and locally informed strategies and solutions to systematically change market environments and health markets.
- FHM Engage works in 7 intermediate result areas, namely: Stewardship, Health financing, Rules & Regulations, Market Intelligence, Supply (Services), Supply (Products), and Demand. The initial geographic focus is Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Ebonyi. It is anticipated that additional states will be programmed in following years.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The Administrative Assistant will provide support to complete all administrative, reporting, contractual, financial, and personnel responsibilities.
- The Administrative Assistant will ensure close functional collaboration with other stakeholders, partner staff, and home-office team to enhance efficiency provision of services and accountability.
- Assist program staff in arranging travel, visas, hotel accommodations for all project-related travel.
- Assist with project procurement of goods and services; administer maintenance agreements as directed.
- Assist in the processing of accounting transactions in accordance with the general principles of accounting and Chemonics policies.
- Processing requisitions for the procurement of goods and services and maintain an updated list of suppliers.
- Provide any other administrative support such as filing, copying, completing errands as assigned by leadership to ensure efficient support to the project.
- Ensure operation of office equipment including reviewing maintenance requirements, arranging for necessary repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluation new equipment.
- Collects and sorts incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned and responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- At least 2 years' experience working in bookkeeping and finance. Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, in specific MS Excel and Word Strong organizational, work prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Must be authorized to work in Nigeria.
- Experience with financing and accounting for USAID projects or/and other international donors preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Possess excellent organizational and strong multi-tasking skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using "Administrative Assistant" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2022.
- No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors