APM Terminals Jobs for Graduate IT Officers in Kano
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across
five continents and more than 60 countries united by a passion to
provide our expertise in port operations and container management
By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential
to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies
around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build
an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented
professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and
make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse,
stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When
you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P.
Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000
employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities
in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail
sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Officer
At APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots
of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to
achieve your full potential. For all of our employees, we offer fair,
competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous
development opportunities. Since our talented employees are the
foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance
in a way that promotes continued achievement.
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories and security.
- Monitor and manage disk usage.
- Install and test software upgrades.
- Schedule backups and communicate downtime to users.
- Ensure all software is correctly licensed and version up-to-date where applicable.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning
their access to resources on the network and the operation of various
- Ensure that APMT Apapa Health, Safety & Environment policy
and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation
and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria Health and
Safety & Environmental Acts
- Functional Excellence
- To change passwords and user privileges.
- To make any system configuration change deemed necessary.
- Ensure this Position Description is updated when specific
responsibility areas are changed, and otherwise provide suggestions for
changes when relevant;
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities in accordance with APMT Apapa Code of Conduct.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures;
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific
task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond
Who we are looking for:
- B.Sc. Degree in IT or Science related discipline
How to Apply
- One to two years experience in implementing local area networks.
- Substantial knowledge about computer hardware configurations for
UNIX, Win 2003, Cisco and Oracle environments and Microsoft products.
- Capable of establishing priorities for maintenance in accordance with overall objectives and IT goals
- Good problem solving skills;
- Effective communication skills
- Exercising leadership in changing situations that stimulates enthusiasm among and encourages development of co-workers;
- Ability to work under pressure with detailed plans and
forecasts, anticipate potential resource constraints and diagnose,
evaluate and resolve such problems as they happen;
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online