APM Terminals recruitment for Graduate Direct Sales Executives in Onne, Rivers State
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P.
Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of
20,000 employees in five continents which
includes 62 operating port
and terminal facilities in 40 countries, and over 160 Inland Services
operations in 47 countries.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Direct Sales Executive
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure
business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business
opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market
presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting
solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned
account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business,
contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to
discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the
requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand
knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting
relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision making
process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts
stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of
competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by
other product characteristics.
- Establish internal network in East Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g.
analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding
new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of
competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value
proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business
priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
Who we are looking for
- Ideal candidate should be enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
and be willing to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and
- The Ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal,
presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In
addition, should have organisational and time management skills
including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work
activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 5 years
experience in similar position in South-South or South-East Nigeria.
Also, highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working
knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management
tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational
systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st May, 2016.