APM Terminals recruitment for Graduate Direct Sales Executives
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more
than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services. By providing the
expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively
advancement of the societies around us, enabling local
economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global
community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a
chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the
world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any
of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the
world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Direct Sales Executive
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure
business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business
opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market
presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting
solutions to help customers.
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to
discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the
requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand
knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting
relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision making
process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts
stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of
competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by
other product characteristics.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned
account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business,
contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Establish internal network in Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g.
analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding
new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of
competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value
proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business
priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
Who we are looking for
- A Bachelor's degree is required with a minimum of 3 years
industry or equivalent sales experience. You should be highly proficient
in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based
software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as
Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems
- You should possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a
willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and
- You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and
communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should
have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking,
prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational
systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a
professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th December, 2015.