APM Terminals Vacancy for a Shift Engineer in Onne, Rivers
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60
countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
your work place.
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Engineer
Location: Onne, Rivers
Who we are looking for
- Requires a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education-diploma in Mechanical, Electrical engineering.
- Must be experience in equipment with high hydraulic pressure (200 to 450 bars)
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred.
- Understanding of safe working practices in an industrial
environment and understanding of the shipping business or maritime
background are strong asses
- Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering
drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various
- Ability to coordinate and handle several tasks at the same time / multitasking.
- Must be able to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical,
mechanical and hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction
- Capable of conducting technical training
- Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory
experience in general maintenance section. Must have specific knowledge
of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Requires knowledge of wide range of electrical equipment,
industrial control systems, variable drive systems, and mechanical,
hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Supervises mechanical and electrical maintenance, repair and
service activities, including inspection units, machinist,
welders/fabricators, tire repair, etc.
- Supervises and follow up reefer technicians & their activities
- Provides information and reports on daily equipment availability, hourly functionality, and repair status & shift reports.
- Makes recommendations on recruitment, discipline and promotion
of employees, authorises leave and overtime, advises employees on work
related problems, evaluates and assesses employee performance.
- Suggest new ideas and process improvements. Help implement new concepts and motivate the blue collar workforce
- focus on maintaining a safe working environment and address or act accordingly where needed
- Based on equipment usage plan and scheduled maintenance and
repair work, liaise with operations for the availability of the
- Monitors status of preventative maintenance schedules, to ensure all PM work is being done timely.
- Ensures maximum availability of equipment is maintained for port operations.
- Plans, assigns and reviews the work of all mechanics and
electricians in the terminal through the supervisors/foreman, who then
supervise the work of the mechanics and electricians.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment for the operations is available prior to the beginning of the operations.
- Take ownership and responsibility to ensure that the planned
operations are accomplished with the expected accuracy and efficiency
and proactively act when changes or unforseen situations occur.
- Ensure that the maintenance activity information in the Log Book relevant to any work activity is recorded accurately.
- Ensure that the operations and workforce are efficiently
organized in order to achieve safe, healthy and high productivity on all
- Monitor status and performance of the equipment; propose and
implement improvement in maintenance practices leading to increased
overall performance (reliability & availability) of the equipment.
How to Apply
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
26th January, 2017.