ARC Program Officer at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ARC Program Officer
Job ID: 2023-5516
Employment Status: Full-Time
- With funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Jhpiego is developing an ANC/PNC innovations and implementation research platform. This initiative is designed to strengthen ANC/PNC service delivery through implementation research in Nigeria and to disseminate learnings globally.
- The primary expected outcomes include earlier entry by pregnant women into ANC/PNC care; increased continuity of care; improved quality of care; and an improved understanding of key risk factors, vulnerabilities and morbidity/mortality outcomes.
As part of this collective, Jhpiego is:
- Conducting implementation research on innovative service delivery models and tools in Nigeria
- Serving as technical advocacy lead by synthesizing data and findings across the collective to inform an evidence package
- Providing technical assistance, as needed, as collective partners conceptualize, design implement and test new service delivery models. Jhpiego is also partnering with the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Biostatistics Center and Department of International Health for support with statistical analysis, data management and implementation research design.
- Develop and implement strategies, action plans, and interventions to address key RMNCH challenges in Kano.
- Collaborate with Kano state PHCDA, Ministry of Health, NGOs, healthcare providers, andcommunity organizations to ensure effective, kick off coordination and implementation of RMNCH programs.
- Support the team to monitor and evaluate the impact of MNCH initiatives, collecting relevant data and utilizing it to make informed decisions for program improvement.
- Lead advocacy efforts to raise awareness about RMNCH issues and promote behaviour change within communities.
- Manage budgets, resources, and timelines for ARC projects, ensuring efficient utilization of funds and adherence to Jhpiego operational guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity-building support to healthcare staff and partners involved in in key RMNCH programs.
- Monitor progress on key deliverables and activities outlined in the workplan across teams through participation in quarterly portfolio reviews, review of quarterly reports, team meetings, etc.
- Prepare regular reports, PowerPoint presentations, and updates on program progress, challenges, and successes for internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay updated on the latest research, trends, and best practices in RMNCH and integrate them into program strategies.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and collaboration to enhance the effectiveness and sustainability of RMNCH interventions.
- Work with project lead and finance team on key documents, such as funding projections, budgets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- 5 years proven experience in designing, implementing, and managing health programs, with a focus on RMNCH.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian healthcare system, policies, and cultural contexts related to RMNCH
- Strong project management skills, including budgeting, planning, and monitoring.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to use data for decision-making and program improvement.
- Ability to travel within Kano and Nigeria as required.
- Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage.
N5,912,046 - N6,913,132.80 / Annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: Cover Letter, Resume, and References.
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.