Assistant Human Resources / Training Manager at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources / Training Manager
Job Number: 21036700
Location: Four Points by Sheraton - Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Human Resources
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Non Management
- Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Works with property leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs.
- The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results.
- Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs.
- Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Core Work Activities
Administering Employee Training Programs:
- Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness:
- Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
- Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets:
- Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
Managing Training Budgets:
- Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
- Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area; certified trainer. OR
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer; no work experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law