Assistant Technical Officer, Primary Health Care at FHI 360
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Primary Health Care
Requisition ID: 2022201830
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Officer, Health
- The Assistant Technical Officer (ATO), Primary Health Care (PHC) will triage, examine, diagnose and treat patients in need of primary health care at the facility.
- Based on the diagnosis, the ATO-PHC will prescribe appropriate treatment to patients and suggest follow up as required, and capacity upskilling of the MoH healthcare workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Provides accurate diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients in a primary health care setting
- Assess patients and refers them for specialized health care (as required)
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of integrated medical services and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of integrated medical services at the facility level
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensure adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Provide continuous capacity building and on-job coaching to facility staff to enable them deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services; antenatal and postnatal care, intra-partum care and other BEmONC services, family planning and counselling, counselling and clinical care of sexual assault survivors, treatment/prevention of STI, and integrated management of newborn and childhood illnesses.
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. training, mentoring)
- Participate in the delivery of quality health care to patients in a primary health care setting.
- Adheres to relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participate in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized (if any)
- Work with technical and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data on the life of the project
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding program delivery Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance. Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa. Well-developed computer skills.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD or similar degree with 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience in clinical care, and emergency/constrained settings, INGO experience is most desirable.
- Must have a valid practicing license.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis situation is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time