Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Associate, Human Resources at Greenlight Planet
Associate, Human Resources at Greenlight Planet
Feb 10, 2020, 1:28 PM
Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive. Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Associate, Human Resources Location: Lagos Job Type: Full-time
- Greenlight Planet is looking for an Associate to join its Human Resources team in Nigeria.
- The Associate, Human Resources will work closely with the HR team in Nigeria to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in Nigeria.
- Responding to general staff queries and advising them on HR policies and procedures in consultation with the Human Resource Business Partner
- Maintaining a notification system of contract expiry dates, end of probation etc
- Working with IT to ensure that new joiners have been set up with appropriate tools
- Ensuring staff have read, and signed off on all policies as required and maintain an up-to-date list
- From time to time sitting in for the office manager and performing other office administrative tasks as may be assigned
- Supporting recruitment exercises and communications including coordinating interviews, administering tests or taking part in interviews where necessary while adhering to company policy on recruitment
- Ensuring staff medical and other insurance are up to date including but not limited to enrollment, deletions, issuance/replacement of medical cards
- Capturing and updating employee personal information data accurately, completely and timeously in the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS)
- Supporting the Human Resource Business Partner in the development and implementation of induction and orientation of both new and existing employees while ensuring that all relevant documentation is made available
- Initiating contract renewal requests while ensuring timely preparation and renewal of all types of contracts
- Maintaining an efficient and effective filing system for HR documents while ensuring quality, accuracy, integrity, confidentiality and that all files are up-to-date
- Inducting new staff and coordinating the pre-employment requirements and documentation
- Processing payroll-related additions/deductions for staff and assisting the Human Resource Business Partner in payroll processing
- Is comfortable and experienced working in a multi-cultural environment
- Has strong communication skills with excellent planning and project management ability
- Experience working with an HRMIS
- A solutions-oriented self-starter; comfortable taking on substantial work with limited oversight
- Is excited about joining a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and innovative environment with an opportunity to build teams, local HR practices and policies
- Has a minimum of 3 years of HR Operations experience, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management.
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts