Automation / Instrumentation Instructor at Applied Engineering Technology Initiative
Applied Engineering Technology Initiative (AETI) - We are an engineering consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Technical Training, Recruitment of technical Personnel, Outsourcing of Technical Personnel and rendering engineering consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation / Instrumentation Instructor
Locations: Lagos, Ota - Ogun & Port Harcourt - Rivers
Summary of Job Function
- Job involves providing training services (In-Plant and In-House) for skilled and unskilled individuals in the area of Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and process control, via the use of modern training aids, software, simulators and hands-on equipment, consultancy services and control engineering services to clients in the FMCG, Oil and Gas industries,.
- Provide Instrumentation design and automation support for new projects for clients in the FMCG, Oil and Gas Industries.
- Planning and executing project assignments like control panel building, installation, configuration and programming of controller (soft starters, VFDs, PLCs, DCS)
- Lead research and development team in Automation, Instrumentation and Control.
- Developing/updating new instrumentation and process control courses
- Implementation of calibration training and projects
- Sourcing for instrumentation and process control projects e.g. procurements, installation, repair, upgrades etc.
- Building, installing automation & process trainers as well as software to facilitate training programmes
The Automation/Instrumentation Specialist should possess the following qualifications:
- Automation Lead will have over 3 years’ skill and competences in Industrial Automation, Instrumentation, Process Control Engineering and must have handled some Engineering Projects.
- Must be skilled in practical/ field experience with direct applications of relevant software.
- Minimum of 35 years’ old.
- B.Sc. /B.Eng. /B.Tech and MSc in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering or related fields.
- About a year hands-on training and facilitation experience/ presentation experience.
- Ability to design world-class training materials and trainers.
- Proficiency in PLC programming and troubleshooting(Siemens, Allen brandley etc)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight reporting schedule.
- Ability to carry out industrial automation installation projects.
- Ability to design Electrical Control diagrams, read Electrical and P&ID diagrams.
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to facilitate to pass across previous experience.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Readiness to travel for in-plant trainings.
- Ability to multi-task.
- An understanding of and ability to work with high-level computer technology.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.