Bellstand Attendant at Protea Hotels
Protea Hotels by Marriott is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bellstand Attendant
Job Number 21137498
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
- Greet and escort guests to rooms.
- Open doors and assist guests / visitors entering and leaving property.
- Assist guests / visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage.
- Supply guests with directions. Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine / sedan service) for guests / visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed. Communicate parking procedures to guests / visitors.
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and / or designated bell area.
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and / or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply