Branch Manager at Ecobank
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Manager
Job Identification: 233
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports to: Regional Head
Direct Reports: Relationship Managers & CSM(Dotted line)
- The Branch Manager is responsible for the profitability of the branch’s CMB business and the satisfaction of all customers.
- The BM is responsible for the branch ambience, service delivery and operations. He/she must be committed to ensuring that processes, procedures, and standards that have been defined by the Bank are adhered to by all branch staff.
Business and Financial Performance:
- Delivery of the branch’s CMB budget numbers
- Identify business growth opportunities in the local market and develop appropriate strategies for capturing such to grow our market share.
- Work jointly and proactively with all internal stakeholders (businesses, Operations, Technology, and product partners) to increase Ecobank’s wallet share within the respective markets.
- Review Account Plans for all RMs (CMB) attached to the branch with a view to enhancing customer wallet share, business volumes and earnings.
- Grow the deposit base of the branch with specific focus on growing low-cost deposits, collections, value-chain business, and channels.
- Achieve cost-income ratio targets of the branch and business.
- Ensure that credit approval memoranda (CAM) meet the Banks’ credit policy guidelines and loan accounts are operated within ‘credit approval’ limits and terms.
- Conduct regular business performance and profitability reviews.
- Ensure all Non-Performing Loan (NPL) & Past Due Obligation (PDO) ratios are kept within budgeted limits and targeted for recovery.
- Attain sales goals, performance targets and customer satisfaction levels through the effective management of resources.
- Achieve targetedCMB product crosssell ratios and increase customer adoption of Ecobank’s products, platforms, and services.
- Ensure that various CMB business segments in the branch maintain a CABAL that is commensurate with overall budget projections.
- Ensure that all incomes are properly recognized.
- Constantly review strategies to ensure excellent and comprehensive customer service delivery, quality standards and branch ambience are constantly upheld in the branch.
- Identification and marketing of prospects within the target market.
- Responsible for exceeding customers’ expectation across the segments.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction as measured and monitored through customer feedback surveys and Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
- Efficiently and effectively liaise with internal departments/Units – CIB, Trade, Risk, EBS, etc. including other Branches and departments to promote and drive business volumes and profitability at the branch.
- Establish and sustain a customer-centric business culture in the branch, leveraging on people and technology to ensure service quality and excellence in the delivery of our products and services.
- Sustain/drive increased digital channel utilization with a specific focus on Omni lite, NQR and POS.
Leadership and People Management:
- Motivate and lead team to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process for setting targets, performance management & monitoring of all set targets.
- Conduct regular people performance and productivity reviews.
- Create and sustain a fit-for-purpose succession plan and build a healthy talent pipeline.
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment to enable your team achieve excellence through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Ensure an agile and efficient workforce with right skills to meet set strategic objectives.
Process, Control and Operational Performance:
- Promote high ethical and integrity standards and ensure the Ecobank RACE-ITValues are sustained and evident at the branch.
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness.
- Achieve satisfactory audit rating and fully comply with KYC/AML and regulatory guidelines.
- Achieve and sustain effective balance sheet management.
- Make recommendations to management to improve operations process to improve customer satisfaction.
- Drive/Champion & sustain the ongoing Ecobank Nigeria digitalization agenda.
- Lead strategic initiatives as defined by the bank.
Job Profile / Requirements
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2nd class lower in First Degree (MBA, MSC, MA, ML and/or Professional Qualifications willbe an added advantage).
- A minimum of 6 years relevant banking experience, with proven track record of excellent results in marketing/sales, credit and leadership.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian business environment, the Nigerian banking industry and its direction, trends and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations, technology, products & customer segmentation.
- Commercial acumen.
- Excellent team management and coordinating skills.
- Leadership and people development skills.
- Good negotiation and selling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Quick thinking and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong credit appraisal skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th March, 2023 at 07:15 PM.