Card Operations Officer at Carbon
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Card Operations Officer
Department: Loan Processing
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Role
- We are looking for a passionate and self-driven candidate who can take up the role of a card operations officer in our Payments unit.
- Analysis of customer dispute letters, logging of card disputes, review of affidavit of fraud, and other documents received from Card Members including Visa/MasterCard/ Amex.
- Review, analyze, and resolve chargeback disputes (ATM, POS & WEB) efficiently and accurately.
- Process re-presentment for a successful transaction to avoid merchant position being debited.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of merchant account in the case of purchase reversal.
- Follow up with issuing bank or acquirer to ensure recovery of fund claim deflated to system acceptance or re-presentment processed with an invalid document.
- Follow-up on issues and Change Requests on cards.
- Daily liaison with processors and issuing/acquiring banks
- Good knowledge of settlements and reconciliation of card payments
- Understanding of card billings
- Liaise with processors and VISA on card related issues
- Handle settlement complaints (Shortages and Non-settlement).
- Reconcile all POS Accounts/WEB transactions against merchants. Settlement, Reconciliation, and Dispute Management.
- Ensure daily settlement of transactions on Visa, Master Card, and Verve
- Execute all card maintenance requests like expiration, pin number, address modification, and loss
- Review of charges to ensure no income leakages
- Provide Customer success support and resolve problems regarding card related issues
- BSc or HND in any discipline
- Must be articulate and possess the ability to communicate with patience and empathy
- Familiar with the use of DMS, DRS, VISA online, Masterconnect, Fimi, Microsoft Excel, etc
- Analytical and good communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in cards and mobile payments, fully integrated into all aspects of settlement and daily reconciliation process.
- Previous experience in Dispute resolution
Behavioral Competencies for the Job:
- P – Passionate - You are passionate about what you do. You know what you need to know about your job and are willing to work hard to go after it, even if it means making more than a few sacrifices along the way.
- R - Resourceful - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail. You set targets and does whatever it takes to get the job done
- I - Intelligent - Having the ability to learn things quickly or deal with new or difficult situations.
- M - Maverick - You are a problem solver. You think out of the box and get outside the box solution.
- E - Executor- You get the work done. You are flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the resources at hand.
- D - Data-Driven- When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it, and make decisions with clear justifications.
- At Carbon, People are the heart of the business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to;
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply