Care & Support / Adherence Officer at Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI)
Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) is a female-led non – profit organization with the goal of ensuring self-reliance, empowerment, and healthy living for vulnerable women and their children. POWEI iscurrently providing remote qualitative and comprehensive services for Female Sex Workers(FSWs) and children of positive FSWs in more than 8 LGAs within Akwa Ibom state. POWEIa service-based human rights & empowerment organization is currently recruiting to fill the position of a Care & Support / Adherence Officer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care & Support / Adherence Officer
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Duration: 1 Year
- To facilitate immediate access to treatment when a person is diagnosed with HIV; to support adherence to treatment in order to attain viral suppression for people living with HIV, for the sake of their own health and to prevent infecting other people with HIV.
- To enhance the prevention and management of HIV-related infections
- Enhance coping with the challenges of living with HIV
- Assist in the development and adaptation of guidelines, tools, and other relevant materials for use in the national scale-up of activities in IHVN-supported sites in program implementation areas
- Assist in the development of program strategies, work plans, and their implementation for effective operations.
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with NEPWHAN, and other PLHIV networks
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results, and address challenges
- Mentor support groups, Linkage coordinators, Treatment supporters, field workers to provide quality care to PLHIV.
- Provide technical assistance to site and community staff through precepting, monitoring, and mentoring.
- Facilitate training of health care workers at all POWEI supported sites.
- Facilitate effective linkages within thematic groups and overall community linkages.
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of the organization as well as national guidelines.
- Update and document client register and database.
- Oversee the referral of clients to treatment facilities
- Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- Identify barriers to Care & Support and proffer solutions to these challenges.
- Assist and undertake needs assessments of new sites as required.
- Facilitate training sessions organized for site and community providers.
- Perform any other tasks as may be required of her position
- B.Sc in Nursing with an active License and excellent computer skills are required. Also required is a minimum of 2 years of working experience with participation in both clinical and community Care & Support activities
Key Areas of Accountability
As part of POWEI’s workforce, all successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the POWEI’s Mission, Vision, and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the program.
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance encourages a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation.
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm and a real self-starter
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page Cover Letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional References (name, company, email, and phone number) to: email@example.com CC: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Please note your full name and the position for which you are applying in the email subject line.
- Candidates must be available for immediate employment. Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other inquiries; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Wednesday, 29th September, 2021. (12:00PM).