Category Manager at Konga
Konga is Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 10 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, the 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values, in a nutshell, speak to placing our customers as a priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process), and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager
- The Category Manager – Fashion, is responsible for the purchasing, pricing, and oversight of all fashion products.
- Responsibilities include overseeing costs, pricing, and margins, tracking sales trends, competitive analysis, and the selection, pricing, and procurement of products for special orders and sales events.
- Purchase and supply products in a manner that sells the most products and moves product inventory.
- Manage regular purchasing and maintenance of an open-to-buy plan in the Clothing and Footwear categories
- Select SKU-specific products from vendors to meet customer demand and maximize sales opportunities.
- Provide customer satisfaction by making it easy for customers to find items
- Penetrate accounts by actively listening, identifying customer needs and expectations, and utilizing total company offering to roost customer seeds from a category perspective.
- leverage customer industry, market, and competitive information to gain a competitive edge to drive states and profitable opportunities for categories.
- Ensure self and team members have active business plans that are cross-functionally aligned end routinely liven category reviews, and creative direction by utilizing appropriate negotiation techniques which guide customers to win-win results.
- Identify business challenges and opportunities to create direction and deliver quarterly results.
- Determine the right product mix for the online store.
- Determine the type of individual products and the specific numbers that will sleet consumer demand, and identify a product that is of consumer interest.
- Compile ad summary reports arid managing in-store promotions.
- Bachelor’s Degree With significant retail experience (ie Category Management Shopper Insights and/or sales experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Category Manager or similar role.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in delivering advanced insight with a variety of information streams beyond syndicated data.
- Supervisory/ managerial experience.
- Previous experience communicating complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong knowledge of Category Management practices and tools,
Competence / Skills:
- Ability to draw conclusions, address key opportunities understand and apply market
- research tools to create selling stories.
- Create direction by utilizing appropriate negotiation techniques for customers to win-win results
- A selfless team player, yet goal-oriented and delivering on an individual capacity basis.
- Ability to work in conditions which include multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Experience in delivering advanced insights with a variety of information streams beyond syndicated data
- Ensure self and team members have active business plans that are cross-functional aligned and routinely deliver category reviews.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "Category Manager" as the subject of the email