Chief Financial Officer at DHL Nigeria
DHL, people mean the world to us. That's why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, we provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers - helping them deliver better results everyday.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job ID: GL86077
Employment Type: Full Time
- DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist.
- We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally
- Currently, we are looking for a Chief Financial Officer who will shape, drive and manage the Finance function and define the Country functional strategy to maintain short and long-term financial health of the DGF Nigeria, and partner, advise and challenge the management team, and influence the strategic direction in line with Regional/subregional strategy, financial policies, legal framework and accounting standards in line with division and DPDHL strategy in Nigeria.
- If this all sounds exciting to you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Shape and define Finance strategy for the Country including all financial management services, planning, analysis, reporting and budgets considering Regional/Sub-regional strategy, financial policies, legal framework, and accounting standards
- Lead and resolve major/ most complex financial initiatives and issues, drawing on internal and external specialist expertise as needed (i.e. business strategy, expanding operations, efficiency initiatives)
- Manage service relationship with large business unit as a member of senior business team
- Anticipate changing needs/ trends across different markets and geographies
- Build executive sponsorship and support for key strategic business or finance initiatives
- Introduce and steer innovations in existing financial processes, systems, and methods for enhanced effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop finance solutions that reflect best practices and work across multiple business areas/ functions.
- Provide the necessary support to Nigeria Senior management to achieve business performance and meet short term and long term targets
- Plan, organize and control delivery and quality of Finance initiatives and services for Nigeria to achieve financial transparency, maintain short and long-term financial health, advise and challenge the management team, and influence strategic direction
- Professional leader, line manager for the Country finance function involving multiple finance disciplines
- Provide financial management and controlling services to specific business area(s) of larger-scale/ complexity across several functions/departments
- Manage diversity in terms of stakeholder management of multiple senior Country, subregional and Regional leadership
- Direct and manage exposure to corporate financial matters, including credit management and cash flow optimization
- Promote the application of the Finance Function internally to ensure that the potential is fully exploited by the business and financial capability built
- Negotiate critical agreements/contracts with other departments and 3rd parties
- Champion cooperation and partnership to provide integrated solutions to problems.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with senior business leaders across DPDHL and partner organizations
- Influence others across DPDHL and externally as an internally and externally recognized thought leader representing the Group
- Lead the Finance & Accounting team across the Country (incl. remote management)
- Ensure appropriate talent selection, organization, and leadership for major areas of the organization.
Qualifications & Key Requirements
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior managerial position (FM, CFO, FD), preferably in a logistics company
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Compliance with a growing number of regulations and laws.
- Previous experience in Africa is a plus
- Manages and leads teams through broad management experience across several functional areas or businesses
- Excellent command in English & good presentation skills
- Leadership and Relationship skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2021.