Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Chief Financial Officer Job at Axis Human Capital Limited
Chief Financial Officer Job at Axis Human Capital Limited
May 29, 2018, 6:40 PM
Axis Human Capital Limited aims to ultimately change the way people work, and how talent is developed and managed in Africa. We have built a reputation for recruiting high-calibre candidates for employers, and working with them to develop their organizational capacity through advisory services and corporate training. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Location: Nationwide Job Description
- An innovative West African-based company, focused on "building Africa's healthcare future" seeks to hire a Chief Financial Officer.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out audit & internal controls, investor management, build forecast models for financial planning and analysis, as well as maintain good financial systems and structures per the company's structures, and national financial regulations.
- National standards of Finance operations.
- The ideal candidate will also be responsible for relationship management with a portfolio of prioritized health system accounts across West Africa.
- Reports To: Senior Management
- Direct Reports: Finance Team
- Responsible for developing annual plans and budgets for the finance department.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Manage key banking relationships to facilitate proper, timely and cost-effective funding of business operations.
- Implement and ensure compliance with the finance policies and procedures of the company (Ghana, Nigeria and West Africa generally) is in line with financial regulatory standards
- Work with the team to ensure the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and useful financial and management reports for investors, lending institutions and the Board of Directors on a periodic and /or ad-hoc basis.
- Update and implement financial policies, procedures and strategies across the organization.
- Work with senior management on possible ivestment portfolios where funds can be channeled to.
- Manage finance software system (s) and ensure the business runs smoothly and profitably.
- Prepare monthly financials as well as monthly management reports for senior management.
- Responsible for building forecast models for financial planning and analysis.
- Compute Return on Investments (ROI) as well as Regular Fund Statements to investors.
- Maintain finance practices to ensure that, accurate and reliable data is available for business operations and planning.
- Ensure effective management of the organization’s financial resources, and compliance with annual budgets.
- Manage relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts such as; regulatory bodies, external auditors, solicitors, banks, etc.
- Review operational and financial processes to provide management with an independent assessment of business risk, internal control and overall effectiveness, and efficiency of the process.
- Responsible for reviews of the company’s strategy, operations, business performance and information processing, and identify risks that may impact the group’s financial status.
- Periodic reviews of existing Company policies, processes and controls to identify risks and make appropriate recommendations to management for corrective actions
- Provide periodic report to Audit Committee on Audit Plan and on Internal Audit assignments and investigations
- Ensure accurate recording of financial transactions, and the prompt reconciliation of all accounts.
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes, and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plan programs and ensure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk, and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
- Investigate specific cases of fraud, defalcations and other malpractices and make appropriate recommendation to prevent future re–occurrence.
- Liaise with external auditors and other business units on timely audits of the company financial accounts.
- Perform pre and post payment audit of salaries, major purchases and other transactions involving cash flows to ensure they are properly authorized, and approved with supporting documents.
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by Senior Management
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Finance, Economics or a related field
- 8-10 years' experience in a finance managerial role/prior CFO experience
- Excellent budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control skills
- Investment planning and portfolio management.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and tax planning/management
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Presentation and communications skills.
- Experience in working with the big four audit firms in Ghana; KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, Deloitte & Touche.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in finance policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of financial systems/software and practices.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications for financial reporting such as; Sage 50 (Peach tree), Quickbooks, Xero, etc.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 21st June, 2018.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts