Chief Operating Officer (COO) at MRT Net Solutions Limited
MRT Net Solutions is an IT company dedicated to continuously enhancing the productivity of businesses in Nigeria through the implementation of Information Technology. The productivity of a business is a major determining factor of achieving success and there is no doubt that technology can enhance performance. We want to help businesses implement innovative software solutions that leverage IoT (Internet of Things) and AI (Artificial Intelligence) to produce clear productivity improvements in the areas of decision making, increased capacity, cost reduction and time savings. Our vision is to be the long-term IT partner for a modern and productive private sector in Nigeria, and we need your help to get there.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: The COO will report directly to the CEO.
Description / Scope of Work
- We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business and provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business.
- The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of IT and business concepts. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
- The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Provide inspired leadership company-wide
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Budgeting etc.)
- Develop and sustain positive feedback from customers and key stakeholders
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth and lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Manage projects effectively to ensure delivery to specifications, on time and within budget
- Supervise company infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and budgets to assess performance
- Communicate strategy to partners and investors
- Achieve sales targets sets by the company
- BSc / BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or relevant field; MSc / MBA is a plus
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years working experience
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant management role
- Proven experience as Project Manager. Project management certification is a plus.
- Experience managing ICT projects is a plus
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing etc.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Competency in business process design and optimization
N250,000 - N300,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 6th December, 2021.