Citibank Job in Nigeria for a Market Operations Control Lead.
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company,
provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a
broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Operations Control Lead
Job ID: 16053832
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
- Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine
the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective
- Highlight to senior management all concerns arising from failure
of controls that could result in losses and/or reputational risks.
- Use available technology and automation tools to appropriately improve processes within the department and business in general.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business and to acquire greater knowledge of the products and processes.
- Implement the Fraud Management program appropriate for the business in conjunction with BUFM and CSIS.
- Develop and report on control metrics that facilitate management oversight over operations.
- Monitor and ensure the execution of corrective action plans
(CAPs), remediation of audit and regulatory issues and ensure compliance
with policies, established procedures and best practices by the Market
Operations function, country and legal vehicle.
- Ensure that the reviews conducted have a corrective action follow up mechanism through i-caps.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and local policy as well as local and global regulatory environment.
- Participate in all aspects of assessments, in accordance with Internal Audit standards and/or regulatory statutes.
- Participate in training and developing other staff in audit, risk assessment techniques and accounting principles.
- Understand and accurately evaluate risks and controls as they relate to business objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining the Market Operations control framework across the cluster to identify and reduce operational risk.
- Preparing controls assessment reports for senior management, discussing issues with relevant business unit heads.
- Assist the Fraud Manager on handling, investigating and reporting of fraud incidents and attempts.
- Ensure that all performance indicators/KRIs for management from Operations Control are availed as and when required.
- Co-ordinate and undertake training of staff on controls related subjects and role of Operations Control.
- Planning the control reviews by selecting the appropriate
quality assurance approach, methodology and preparing the test plan that
best suits the product and process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control by
Analysing/flowcharting the different processes in order to evaluate
controls, identify inefficient processes.
- Conduct controls related reviews in accordance with the Gold
Copy controls plan and test plans approved by the Operations Control
function. Perform analytical reviews and check adherence to corporate
- Promote efficiency in the utilization of corporate resources.
- Participate in regional assignments relating to peer reviews and
provide assistance to other countries in the cluster when the need
arises, such as Internal Audit Preparation.
- Support the wider Operations Control strategy
- Promotion of a control culture within the Operations division
- Influencing the design and improvement of processes to ensure that appropriate controls exist to manage risks efficiently.
- Participate in evaluating Strategic and Tactical Change; Policy and Process updates; Regulatory requirements etc.
- Management / Oversight of Corrective Action Plan remediation process
- Proactive audit support; Health checks, identification of thematic issues etc.
- Ensuring that significant Risks are identified and escalated in a timely manner via Control Governance Channels
- Responsible for communicating emerging issues to management and following through on unresolved issues.
- Co-ordinating the Operations and Technology self-assessment (MCAs) and DCFCs processes for the bank.
- Any other function/duty or responsibility that may be assigned from time to time as deemed appropriate by the business.
- SCOOs/Country OandT Heads Audit preparation, Market Operations MCA, Controls testing reports and plan
- Market Operations function heads in the countries and Processing
Hub Monitoring effectiveness of controls; status of issues and progress
on corrective actions.
- Operations Control Officers in the countries and administration
hubs Sharing information, sharing and ensuring best practice, rendering
- Regulators - Response to audit queries; inquiries regarding our
securities and accounts with the Central Bank/Central Depositories for
- Clients/Professional counterparties – Confirmations with respect to FX/MM contracts/Market trades/Securities
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience
- Must have served in at least 3 major areas of Banking Operations.
- Audit/controls experience
- Proficient in metrics/KRIs assessment and reporting
- Must have served at least 3 years on AVP/C12 level
- At least 10 years banking experience including processing
experience in an ICG Markets product line such as FX, Money Market,
Loans, Fixed Income, Derivatives or Equities.
- University Degree in Accounting, Business related discipline,
Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent plus a
relevant higher degree or professional qualification.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Willingness to Act with urgency, courage and conviction
- Good articulation of issues/events
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Willingness to question/challenge existing processes and ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to Plan and execute various control reviews and discuss issues and corrective actions with department heads.
- Organizational skills to prepare departments for Audit, Peer and Conformance reviews.
- Organizational skills to coordinate self-assessment processes for multiple geographies.
- Ability to handle complex and varied work assignments requiring
frequent careful decision making in timing and sequence of procedures
- Ability to perform thorough root-cause analysis of events and to analyse different processes to evaluate controls.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply