Communication and Public Relations Manager at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia's ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication and Public Relations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the communication and public relations maanger, your role is to support Jumia Nigeria in the development and delivery of the digital Communication strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Increase Jumia Nigeria ’s Brand awareness through media and Social Media
- Implement group comms strategy in Nigeria for our different stakeholders (consumers, sellers and partners, employees and regulators/communities)
- Build a strong network of media partners
- Prepare Social Media videos (content) and pictures for the corporate platform (Twitter Group, Group Website, Twitter Nigeria and Linkedin Nigeria)
- Report on PR activities – Following PR processes/reporting/tracking.
- Support the Group Comms team for cross country projects
- Support the deployment of innovative marketing operations: increase traffic and conversion on the website
- Proof-read content, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles and press releases.
- Administration of press and social competitions, to include organizing prizes and contacting winners.
- Follow-up on Public Affairs Affairs - interaction with regulators, International Institutions and others relevant stakeholders.
- Be proactive by pitching media and organize interviews with Jumia stories (Write editorials for media, including press releases and reports.)
- Organize Press Conference or PR events
- Handle local crisis communication (statement, recommendations)
- Be a spokesperson for the company
- Brief the team about the wording, Q&A, Talking points and prepare a public presentation
- Handle the corporate SM in collaboration with different departments, Marketing and HR.
- Internal Communications in collaboration with HR
- Education to Degree level or equivalent in PR, Communication or Journalism.
- 6 years experience minimum in Comms or Public relations
- Advanced written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to meet very demanding targets.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Skillful in content creation (stroyteller), as well as copy-editing and proof-reading
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the e-commerce industry.
- Must have a commendable Media network and relations in Nigeria and in the region.
- Experience in crisis communication and CSR.
- Social Media addicts
- Independent and resourceful.
- Strong drive and leadership.
- Exceptional organizational skills and very structured.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply