Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW) at Prestigious Consulting Group
Prestigious Consulting Group - We are a growing startup operating in the agriculture industry based in Lagos. We monitor everything from seeds to shelf: we work with farmers, we manufacture and we are sellers. We are visionaries on innovation and are looking for a sales team to match!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
Location: Agungi Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure the client database is always well-maintained, making sure to include all necessary notes, forms, and supplementary information through weekly checks and updates to promote efficiency.
- Meet with clients, individuals, and community organizations as needed to create health programs designed for individual use and for groups.
- Reach out to clients on a daily basis using a variety of mediums (phone, Skype, in-person) to check up on their progress, answer questions, and make personalized recommendations and changes to their programs if necessary.
- Supervise the treatment of patients living with a terminal illness so that they can live healthier and longer lives.
- Serve as a counselor, helping poor patients overcome the barriers that prevent them from seeking vital healthcare.
- Act as healthcare educators, providing vital education about the healthcare options that are available.
- Complete administrative tasks on an ongoing basis to ensure proper and organized record keeping, working with staff members when / if necessary.
- Participate in weekly outreach efforts to raise community awareness of general health, new diets/exercise programs, and health risks to specific groups, such as pregnant women, minorities, and low-income populations.
- Review currently existing programs and health initiatives to ensure they’re up-to-date, effective, and safe for their intended audience(s).
- High School Diploma or its equivalent. Associate Degree or higher in Health or Human Services
- Must have 1-3 years of work experience Experience in the substance abuse and/or mental health field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of transportation and other barriers to care that may be encountered by the client.
- Ability to communicate medical information to health care professionals and care coordinators over the telephone.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including e-mail.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- Working knowledge of multi-system outreach programs related to health care delivery, clinical education, and health-related services
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual client care plans.
N60,000 - N70,000 / Month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 4th December, 2022.
- Candidates must be ready to resume immediately
- Accommodation is available