Company Secretary & Contract Administrator at International Energy Services Limited (IESL)
International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary & Contract Administrator
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: MD
Supervises: Legal Officer(s)
- We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel that will support IESL on legal matters and propose commercially savvy legal solutions for the attainment of its strategic objectives.
- As a member of the Legal team, you will be responsible for ensuring that IESL’s products/services and business operations comply with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices from a legal standpoint.
- You will also be required to support IESL in contract administration, litigation management, data privacy, and intellectual property protection as well as company secretarial services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drafting and reviewing Service Agreements, for all product lines across the organisation.
- Negotiating terms and conditions of Contracts
- Reviewing Proforma Contracts in Tender Submissions for proposed services
- Reviewing Purchase Orders (PO) and Service Order (SO) terms, Amendment Contracts, Request for quotes (RFQ) terms for all Service Product lines in the company.
- Offering daily advisory services, giving legal opinions for all contract related issues for ongoing projects.
- Monitoring compliance of Contractual rights and obligations throughout the project life.
- Advise on statutory compliances
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the company
- Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications of related laws and regulations governing the company
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of internal policies
- Provide sound and timely legal advice & opinions to the company and make recommendations to the Management of the company as necessary
- Attend meetings and offer advice as required while taking notes
- Prepare minutes of meetings attended
- Manage the company/corporate secretariat including the legal relationships with all stakeholders
- Making and/or analyzing claims arising out of the performance or non-performance of contracts.
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings on behalf of the company with the assistance of external counsel
- Oversee the defense of legal proceedings on behalf of the company with the assistance of external counsel
- Draft and/or review legal letters, agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, on and as when requested
- Advise on potential litigation matters that should be directed to external counsel
- Liaise with and assist external counsel regarding their obligations to the company and maintaining an updated litigation schedule of the Company
- Liaise with law enforcement bodies and/or regulatory authorities
- Liaise and maintain correspondence with the Company Secretary in ensuring timely statutory filings
- A good First Degree in Law from a reputable university; A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association or its equivalent is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application packages
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant work experience.
- Ability to effectively conduct research successfully.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within stipulated timelines and according to instructions.
- Good team spirit.
- High service-orientation.
Human Relations Profile:
- Strong character & integrity paramount
- A high degree of self-confidence; pleasant personality; well-presented, well organised / good time management skills / disciplined
- Flexible when necessary
- Able to deal with criticism
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Team oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the criteria above should send their CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th September, 2022.