Construction Engineer at Starium Nigeria Limited
Mar 20, 2020, 12:16 PM
Starium Nigeria Limited is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and develop steps for their proper execution.
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved.
- Keep close contact with members of the site team at all times, and liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners.
- Source for vendors, negotiate costs, plan the delivery and storage of equipment and materials for site use.
- Collaborate with Contractors and Project Manager.
- Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers.
- Ensure that work complies with building regulations, health and safety legislation, as well as other legal requirements.
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications to ensure durability.
- Measure loads and pressures caused by environmental or human influence.
- Create structural models by using computer-aided design software.
- Develop a schedule of work and ensure all timelines are compiled with. Keep timely tracking and reporting on project progress.
- Minimum of 9 years working experience as a Construction or Structural Engineer (required).
- Degree in Structural Engineering; a Master's degree is a plus.
- Membership of the Nigerian Institution of Structural Engineers is also a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations.
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD.
- Data-driven mindset with excellent mathematical skills.
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal).
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (merged into a single document) to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 31st March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
Experienced Personnel AUTOCAD Structural Engineering Construction Engineering Starium Nigeria Limited Abuja Msc