Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA & C) Director at Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA & C) Director
Job ID: 85562
Contract Type: Permanent
Professional area: Corporate Affairs & Communications
Professional level: Experienced
- Responsible for designing and overseeing the effective implementation of CA&C strategies that support the objectives of the business, protect, and maintain JTI's reputation.
- These strategies will include government relations, anti-illicit trade and tax, industry affairs, internal and external communications, community investment and compliance.
Main Areas of Responsiblities
- Evaluate the operating environment across the market to understand the commercial and reputational risks and opportunities for JTI Nigeria.
- Develop, or work with the Market Excom and functional counterparts to design and implement effective strategies and programs through which the Operating Environment will be shaped by counterbalancing the issues that can impact negatively on the business to minimize commercial risk and secure competitive advantage and our operating freedoms in the Nigerian market.
- Provide guidance on relevant issues to legislators and other officials to help them make informed
- decisions about policy matters. Represent JTI positions in tobacco industry associations.
- Lead the internal communications strategy to ensure the company's vision and priorities are
- understood and to drive employee engagement and motivation.
- Develop and direct the implementation of political, regulatory, and media engagement strategies, in partnership with functional counterparts, on key topics, like taxation, anti-illicit trade and product restrictions.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree qualification
- 12- 15 years+ of relevant experience. Clear previous commercial experiences and accomplishments (which have had a significant impact on the business), either as a Corporate Affairs Head of Function, or Head of subunit within the function, are considered as a critical requirement.
- Superb command of written, spoken English and digital savvy
- Strong commercial acumen. Independent thinker & able to independently work. Unquestionable ethics. Able to multi task & balance a wider portfolio of subject manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, influential, strong leadership, and teamwork qualities are desirable. Previous Tobacco industry experience will be an advantage as well as having an understanding of the regulatory environment and industry dynamics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply