Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Cost Control Engineer Job in an International EPC Company in Rivers State
Cost Control Engineer Job in an International EPC Company in Rivers State
Sep 15, 2019, 6:15 PM
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a leading International EPC Company requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position below: Job Title: Cost Control Engineer Location: Rivers Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting up Cost Control procedures and process flow charts for assigned project.
- Responsible for setting up budgets to follow the project costs for assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparing Estimation of Total Forecasts, Quantity/Costs and Expected Outcomes.
- Assists Project Managers in optimizing and improving their budgeted profits.
- Liaise with Finance and other departments to effectively handle and coordinate cost related activities.
- Assist the projects to point out items with the most significant impact on the cost.
- Ensures effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of Work Base Structure (WBS) with the use of project management systems to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare the project budget and revise them thrice (3 times) in a year and prepare the justification for the variances with the original budget and revised budget.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Report (PSR); perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Coordinate with the Planning Engineer to prepare the project status report as required.
- Efficiently work as Cost Control Engineer to effectively foresee problems before hand and mitigate the impact by appropriate timely actions.
- Preparing change orders or claims and follows up.
- Prepare the monthly project cost control report, management report and cash flow.
- Responsible for the control and monitoring of project total expenditure including verifying progress work statements and claims from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide cost controlling support for all projects or designated projects which includes variation reporting monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes.
- Handle other related job functions as may be assigned by the Project Control Manager or his/her designate.
- Good Communication skills
- Flexible and approachable
- Being professional
- Problem solving
- Listening and communication
- Customer service
- Ability to Take Initiative
- Should be willing to relocate/work at project site when required
- Computer literacy (Proficient with excel)
- Self-motivated and confident
- Diligent and resourceful
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering
- Relevant professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Cost Control Engineer in Oil & Gas Sector.
- EPC experience a must
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts