Country Corporate Security Manager (Nigeria) at Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Corporate Security Manager (Nigeria)
Job ID: 67439
Professional area: Security & Anti Illicit Trade
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
What this position is about:
- The person is the security lead for JTI in Nigeria with delegated responsibility from the Regional Corporate Security Director, and works in close collaboration with General Manager, Nigeria GSC Operations Lead and management teams.
- The Country Security Manager provides security strategy, oversight and support to all JTI business entities, operations and projects within Nigeria. This includes development, review and maintenance with a risk-based and cost-effective approach adding value to JTI operations in Nigeria.
- If you are passionate about security and would like to grow further within this area, this is a great opportunity to achieve it!
What will you do:
Risk and Crisis Management:
- The person leads country efforts in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices and policies to reduce risk, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability through the development and maintenance of Country Security Risk Register
- The person is a core member of the Country Crisis Management Team. As such, provides operational security support during crisis, investigative support as requested, and crisis/incident & kidnap management training to sites and market teams
- He / She identifies trends and best practices in the international business environment and make recommendations to the Regional Corporate Security Director on development of policies and strategies to reduce vulnerability of JTI assets in Nigeria
People and Asset Security:
- Through subordinate market and factory security supervisors and selected vendors, he / she manages the implementation of programs and support to ensure the security of executives, employees, stakeholders, visitors, etc. at their place of work and while on business travel within the market
- He / She assists on the annual Regional Corporate Security Audit Plan and conducts security audits and assessments and follow up recommendations of business operations
- He / She supports JTI Nigeria supply chain security programs to protect operations and products while ensuring brand integrity. Provides consultation to minimize supply chain losses, brand erosion and illicit product availability in the market
- He / She conducts objective investigations of security-related allegations / incidents as required
- Internally – he / she maintains and develops effective working relationships with the Nigeria Market General Manager (GM), Factory Lead and members of the local EXCOM and management teams, as well as all functions and levels to promote and drive global security initiatives. He / She briefs the Market GM and Factory Lead on the status of security issues and emerging threats
- Externally – he / she develops relationships with national and local law enforcement, business partners, and national counterparts to include in-country security agencies, intelligence, and private sector counterparts. Also - engages, by membership, in public and private security associations.
- He / She is responsible for financial management of the JTI Nigeria security program which requires planning and presentation of an annual budget, updates on budget within regular intervals and providing Supervisor and Finance with appropriate reports on YTD actuals and variances
- He / She manages local contracts with security service vendors for guarding operations, technology applications and specialized consulting and investigative support
Who are we looking for:
- Proven experience of approx. 5 years as Security Manager or similar position (military, law enforcement or intelligence experience, or private sector corporate security experience)
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid understanding of budgeting and vendor management
- Fluency in English and local language are essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
- We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply after the application deadline