Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Country Expansion Manager at Fenix International
Country Expansion Manager at Fenix International
Nov 23, 2017, 3:40 PM
Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments starting under $0.19 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Country Expansion Manager Locations: Abuja, Lagos, or Port Harcourt Summary
- We’re looking for a self-driven, entrepreneurial individual with strong business development or project management experience to help lead Fenix into new countries across Africa, with an initial focus on Nigeria.
- This role will be based in Abuja, Lagos, or Port Harcourt, Nigeria for the first 12 months (at minimum) with frequent travel around the country visiting customers in rural areas. The role will also include 2 months minimum on-boarding at Fenix HQ in Kampala, Uganda.
- At Fenix, one of our core values is to think big and make things happen. As a Country Expansion Manager at Fenix, you will embody this value.
- Designing a country-specific pilot strategy,
- Leading pilot execution,
- Supporting the transition to commercial launch,
- Building and leading a high-performing team and a strong team culture at each step along the way. There is potential for this role to expand to new countries after a successful pilot, or to continue supporting Nigeria operations long-term.
- Conduct market entry assessments across multiple states in Nigeria to critically evaluate new markets for Fenix and determine market readiness across various geographic regions in Nigeria
- Develop relationships with relevant actors across states and maintain Fenix’s networks throughout the business environment
- Draft necessary business plans and financial models for priority states or regions in Nigeria
- Create country-wide hiring pipelines for key personnel and management, conducting initial screenings and interviews where appropriate
- Design, manage, and oversee pilots
- Set up pilot management systems and reporting structures, and lead a 3-6 month pilot on the ground in Nigeria
- Coordinate initial admin and operations, including undertaking the steps needed to operate legally in Nigeria and the logistics required to ensure delivery of pilot materials (stock) in target regions
- Coordinate between strategic partners and Fenix teams to ensure pilot work plan alignment, especially on-time business integration as needed
- Onboard and manage pilot teams including sales, finance, operations, customer service, and more, and support a smooth transition from pilot to commercial launch
- Develop and manage pilot budgets and targets
- Throughout the pilot, monitor and test market requirements of product and pricing, marketing, sales, distribution, partner integration, and service with potential partners, as well as customer experience and country-specific customer insights, to inform commercialization strategies post-pilot
- Set up systems to manage initial sales and repayments where solutions do not exist presently
- Help create a culture that recognizes and embraces Fenix’s vision and values, always encourages success, and supports all employees
- Provide management with regular reports on findings and progress
- In collaboration with business development leadership, develop a commercialization strategy for Nigeria, acknowledging that different states may require different business models
- Manage the market entry timeline and recruiting plan for assigned markets
- Coordinate Fenix departments to successfully prepare for a soft launch and commercial sales in Nigeria
- Fulfill open functions on the launch team until key roles are filled
- Leadership & project management experience: we are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to scaling a company or project. We especially value candidates who have designed, executed, and scaled pilot projects and who have built great teams with a strong team culture.
- Highly motivated by customer happiness and great team culture
- Three years’ minimum work experience in a relevant role
- Experience living or working in Nigeria
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to synthesize analysis into practical strategy recommendations
- Comfort and experience with cultivating strong relationships with external clients, whether in a board room or a rural off-grid community
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills (English)
- Excellent judgement and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience living or working in a rural economy
- Financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Local language proficiency
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts