Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Country Lead, Program Communications at Mastercard Foundation
Country Lead, Program Communications at Mastercard Foundation
Mar 30, 2020, 8:39 PM
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors. The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Lead, Program Communications Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As the Lead of Program Communications, you will work as an integral part of the country team giving support to the Country Head and her/his team.
- Collaboration with our partners’ communications point persons in order to ensure alignment in all related communications, agency and brand management is an integral part of the role. This position will have technical oversight from the Head of Program Communications.
- Work with the country program team to develop and strengthen innovative communications models and channels, including the use of both traditional and new, emerging methods, in order to engage in more impactful ways with and within a range of constituencies.
- Develop country program communications portfolio and ensure effective implementation in support of program objectives. This includes effective deployment of social media and other digital tools to reach a range of audiences. Work closely with agencies and consultants.
- Contribute to reputation and brand positioning for the portfolio. Work closely with country colleagues and Head of Program Communications to frame findings and insights from country programs into information that is consumed by decision-makers in Africa. This also includes the engagement of the in country subject matter experts in relevant and high-impact forums to advance the Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy.
- Develop and manage country budget for program communications portfolio.
- Align with a culture of high performance, willingness to learn, perpetual curiosity, and results orientation.
- Liaise closely with Lead, Internal Communications, People & Culture and other internal stakeholders & consultants to grow 'Oneness' in the Foundation.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies, plans and materials to communicate the Mastercard Foundation’s messages, stories, strategies and issues to employees and internal stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultivate relationships with top journalists, bloggers, and other media influential in the country. Work with youth ambassadors to elevate voices and views of young people.
- Craft messages and program communications strategies that are thoughtful and positioned to reach priority audiences including governments, private sector, other funders, and youth.
- Improve the quality of communications through the development of new skills and tools and enable adoption of innovative communications methods with the goal of improving execution.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
- You have a degree in Communications and/or a related field.
- You have at least 7 years relevant experience in communications working in advertising, news agencies, public relations, current affairs and in particular development programs.
- Have a strong network and can work easily with media.
- Have a demonstrated ability to lead successful communications campaigns with a focus on development and human stories using both mainstream and social media.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal, analytical, presentation and editorial digital skills.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- A compelling storyteller with demonstrated ability to frame compelling content for various audiences.
- You have demonstrated experience on brand positioning and management.
- Demonstrated extensive and professional use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram among others).
- Proven and demonstrable capacity to develop a vast follower and friend base within the social media.
- Direct experience working with digital, print, radio and television journalists.
- Proven ability to edit materials and review/adapt them to fast changing situations, exercising and promoting creative thinking.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 3rd April, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts