Current Vacancies at Millie's International School
Jul 29, 2019, 10:41 AM
Millie's International School - We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful.
We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Female Early Years Educator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- As our Early Years Educator, you will be required to work with children between the ages of 4 to 5 years
Duties And Responsibilities
- You will be expected to create and implement age and developmentally appropriate lessons for the children whilst helping them achieve the EYFS early learning goals.
- Providing experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play and creativity; guiding the children in a nurturing environment to learn language, gain autonomy, interact socially, and enjoy physical activities
- Initiating classroom activities daily (storytelling, book reading, art and craft projects, sensory exploration, outdoor stimulation etc.)
- To maintain an attractive and stimulating classroom environment and contribute to making the whole school environment stimulating; displaying children’s work regularly on bulletin board as well as creating own theme based classroom displays to ensure an engaging learning environment for the children.
- Maintaining daily record of activities, behaviours, meals etc and ensuring parents receive adequate information about their children's experiences in the school through daily contact book entries
- Conducting observations and assessment of children's developmental skills in order to complete developmental checklists and reports termly
- To maintain assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to senior staff and to parents and carers, in accordance with school policy
- To work in partnership with the leadership team to monitor the success of the teaching of the curriculum and manage areas for improvement
- Creating an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure
- Create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment.
- Using equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly at all times
- Inspecting the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action or informing management to prevent injuries.
Qualification, Experience And Skills Required
- A degree in Early Childhood Education plus a diploma or certificate in Montessori Education or Early Years Education
- To have had minimum 4 years experience, knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and the key characteristics of effective teaching and learning in Reception class or Key Stage One.
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
- You should be enthusiastic and confident in your abilities to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- To be enthusiastic, innovative, creative and dynamic in developing relevant lesson plans that meet the needs of all children and delivering them effectively
- Be able to produce a stimulating classroom and outdoor learning environment which promotes independent learning skills
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, a good sense of humour and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively children.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, art and crafts are a must
- You must have excellent English Language skills (clear written, reading and spoken) along with good numeracy skills
- To be confident in using ICT and media to support your work and the children’s learning.
- Effective classroom management and evidence of good or outstanding teaching skills
- Have an appreciation of the importance of safeguarding in educational settings
- Must be able to commute easily to Idi-Ishin, Jericho, Ibadan
Job Title: Female School Operations Coordinator
- We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and organised individual to join our team as a School Operations Coordinator. In this role you will provide operational support to senior management, acting as gatekeeper and right hand manager.
- This is a demanding role where you will use your communication skills to establish working relationships with senior management, internal and external stakeholders and important school influencers to fulfil the teams’ objectives.
- Working in a fast paced environment where accuracy and reactiveness is critical, ensuring day to day operational issues are dealt with in an effective and in a timely manner.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the school including, but not limited to, the administrative, financial, technical, and front office support services
- Manage the front office as the first point of contact for the school and all services ensuring that school operational and administrative functions are organized efficiently to meet the needs of the school, staff, students and families
- Develop systems within the school to limit time spent on management/operational work
- Facilitate communication between staff and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts
- Liaise with other staff members on behalf of senior management
- Organise and schedule meetings, prepare meeting agendas and take minutes during meetings as well as participate in such meetings, workshops, seminars and other meetings as needed for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform the functions of the position
- Prepare school financial budgets and reports under the direction of management and work with the Director to maintain same
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports to management
- Provide administrative support to senior management and manage diaries and schedules
- Manage all contractual and related arrangements with regards to security, supplies, cleaning etc, including quality control of contractors' work
- Administer and supervise the maintenance of the physical facilities.
- Maintain electronic filing system, ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order
- Maintain social media presence, organise media appearances and events
- Manage projects and follow-up with team members where required
- Manage school supplies and stock efficiently
- Handle HR and recruitment duties, including on-boarding new staff members and training new employees where necessary
Who We Are Looking For
- Must hold a degree in Education Management, or related
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years previous experience working in a similar role with strong knowledge of school office management and impeccable organisational skills.
- You will be highly professional and confident in dealing with senior management and confidential work
- Proactive and assertive, but diplomatic and discreet where necessary
- Customer-focussed attitude and committed to effective service delivery
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project planning and management abilities
- Diligent attention to detail with strong time management skills
- You will need to have a passion and commitment to making a difference to children’s lives and will need to be tenacious, confident and have a can do attitude.
- Ability to use initiative and be able to multitask
- Experience with office procedures and accounting skills required
- Must be proficient in MS Office Package to include Publisher with the ability to produce newsletters
- Good self-carriage and excellent leadership capabilities to supervise staff and manage operational functions
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently; problem-solve, analyse issues and create action plans.
- Age must be between 30 and 40 years
- Ability to commute to Idi-Ishin, Jericho, Ibadan
Job Title: Experienced Female (Key Stage 1) Class Teacher
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- We are an ambitious British International school with rich, innovative and exciting curriculum; giving all our pupils the opportunity to be successful. We are looking to appoint a creative and enthusiastic Year 1/Year 2 (Key Stage 1) Class Teacher.
- If you are a Primary class teacher with growth mind-set; you love teaching and have a passion for learning, then our children need you!
You will be:
- Passionate about teaching
- Able to create a vibrant and stimulating learning environment
- Keen to deliver exciting and engaging lessons
- Willing to work hard and contribute within a small and dedicated team
For your application to be successful, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a first degree in Early Childhood Education and a Post Graduate qualification in the same field will be an advantage
- Have 3-5 years teaching experience in a similar role
- Be a strong classroom practitioner with thorough knowledge and understanding of the British Curriculum
- Be able to teach a full range of subject areas for this year group
- Be able to provide our pupils engaging and exciting learning experiences
- Have high expectations for behaviour, attainment and progress
- You are able to nurture and develop the students’ love of education through your own passion for teaching; being a life-long learner and seeking to communicate a genuine love of learning through your lessons.
- You will have understanding of the importance of pupil tracking and progress
- Be a well-organised team player with good communication skills
- Demonstrate a proficient level of computer literacy
- Be a willing learner with a commitment to your own professional development
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to form good relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents
- Be someone who is prepared to fully immerse themselves in the life of the school and become one of the team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
OND / HND / BSC Holders Ibadan Oyo State Experienced Personnel Teaching Millie's International School