Custom Clearing Officer at Zenith Carex International
Zenith Carex International is a registered, licensed and accredited clearing and freight forwarding Agent by the Nigerian Customs Service and under the Companies Act of 1968 incorporated on the 1st of November 2002 with staff strength of 750 and over 40 branches nationwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Custom Clearing Officer
Location: Ikeja/Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Providing sufficient support to key account coordinators and other related parties to develop client project to extend the business with the clients
- Lead a combination of single contributors and develop all colleagues to achieve the maximum of their potential
- Drive performance of direct report.
- Coordinates and monitors all the Company's freight forwarding operations activities in a cost-effective manner.
- Negotiates and quotes competitive rates promptly for freight and customs clearance jobs for vehicles, bulk cargos or containers, imports and exports, air freight Amongst others.
- Develops and manages relationships with relevant regulatory or external bodies or contacts such as Customs, NPA, Terminal Operators, SSS etc.
- Ensure Zenith CarexDelivers in the line with Customer expectations for import/export customers
- Manage relationship with current customs and other government agencies and in liaison with sales department
- Coordinate handling of files between customer service and operation units.
- Ensure operation excellence and coordination
- Ensure pro-active communication internally and externally
Who we are looking for:
- A Degree/HND in Business Management, Logistics & Supply Chain management
- Minimum 5years in logistics operations experience
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and enjoy solving problems
- Ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge in Customs clearance of Air/Sea operations
- Proficient in English as well as relevant local languages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] and copy [email protected]
Note: Test and interview will be slated for 28th January. Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for test and interview before close of business 27th January 2021
Application Deadline 12noon; 27th January, 2021.