Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for Supply Chain Officer - Procurement (Maiduguri)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for Supply Chain Officer - Procurement (Maiduguri)
Mar 9, 2020, 9:35 PM
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer - Procurement Location: Maiduguri, Borno Contract type: National contract Band: NM-H Step 1 Start date: As soon as possible. Contract length: 12 Months with possibility of extension.
About the job
- The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the procurement of programme goods, services and works and supporting improvements in procurement functions.
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects cost-effectively and transparently in line with DRC and donor-specific policies, in collaboration with the SC TL
- Assist in liaising with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Regularly review, update and share the information management databases and trackers to the SC TL
- Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender), reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in the selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the conformity of the item to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form.
- Participate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process
- Assist in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database and liaise with the Assets department
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance promptly
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
- Conduct duties by DRC Nigeria programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties by DRC Code of Conduct.
- University degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering Management or similar
- Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and/or Procurement would be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in procurement
- Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers, contractors and customs clearance, business registration requirements and tax regulations
- In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors;
- Very good skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Very good interpersonal and team skills;
- Knowledge of procurement principles and contract management;
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
- Knowledge of Local Language is an added advantage (Hausa & Kanuri)
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application ProcessApplication Deadline 22nd March, 2020.
- All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- The position is a National position for NIGERIANS ONLY.
- Applications are viewed on a rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to conclude the recruitment process before the closing date.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- “DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.”
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts