Data Analyst at Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN)
The Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Bauchi, Jigawa and Kano
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for the implementation of the ACE data analytics plan at the state. S/he will collaborate with the Data analyst Specialist and the state team to identify and design analytic products, extract data figures, routine and on demand reports, and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to inform program managers.
- The role will work with the MEL staff, health informatics officers & electronic data clerks at the facility level, in conducting deep dive to data and be responsible for spotting data inconsistencies.
Work Interactions and conditions:
- The DA will report to the state team lead and be supervised by the Data Analytic Specialist who leads all the Data analysis efforts for ACE2
- Requires frequent travels within the state to provide technical assistance to the health facilities and to the state office.
- Respond to data and product related inquiries in real-time to support the state and cluster teams
- Perform various data analytics as detailed in the AMEL plan
- Provide technical assistance to promote monitoring and evaluation strategies to facilitate data usage and ownership in a manner that enhances the program and promotes sustainability
- Support the collection collect, analyze, and evaluate quantitative and qualitative data, and draw accurate conclusions from the analysis including drafting scientific papers for publication
- Conduct quarterly Biostatistics & Data Analysis Seminars among state staff as a mode of learning and update knowledge in statistical concepts, methods, and techniques
- Develop sampling methods, determine samples size, and draw samples of populations to be studied Provide expertise and translate the business needs to design; and develop tools, techniques, and metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Implement strategies that to monitor and report on data quality
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Public Health, Information Management, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science or related discipline. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV programming and PEPFAR program supporting health facilities. Experience with public health research, implementation science, and the relevant evaluation models and methods, particularly in establishing baseline figures and assessing post-intervention changes and targets. Knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation methods (qualitative and quantitative), including experience developing monitoring and evaluation plans, tools and summary forms.
- Specialized knowledge: Proficient in the use of at least one analytic tool (R, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SPSS, STATA, ArcGIS, QGIS, Microsoft Excel etc.) Experience with health information management systems such as LAMIS EMR and DHIS2.
- Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the capacity to synthesize monitoring and evaluation data into an effective presentation of result; strong organizational and time management skills, ability to communicate effectively and engage fellow team members and staff, mentorship, and leadership abilities.
- Abilities: Strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems and make decisions and able to manage multiple tasks, ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness, and personal integrity.
- Professional Certification: Certification in any data analytic packages are desirable but not required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 29th August, 2022.