Data Manager at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 33 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Manager
Location: Reference Hospital, Yaba - Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- Under the supervision of the Site Team Leader (with technical oversight from the MODHIP / USAMRD-A/N SI Unit), the Data Manager will provide data management support to the Nigerian Ministry of Defence (NMOD) Health Implementation Program's HIV / AIDS service delivery efforts.
- The Data Manager shall support the delivery of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support services at Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) that will benefit the military personnel, their family members, and civilians from the surrounding communities.
- The Data Manager is to supervise and coordinate all data management activities at NMOD-USAMRD-A / N program-supported service delivery points.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support in the collection and management of HIV / AIDS, PMTCT and TB data
- Oversee the job functions of data management and records staff in the Program at the facility
- Work with the different service delivery points to ensure data entered on the Electronic Medical Records system is of high quality and accurate.
- Provide data management support for all continuous quality improvement activities
- Provide visualizations of site data to showcase performance, gaps, monitor continuous quality improvement activities, and for site monthly meetings
- Ensure proper coordination of the M&E unit and timely report of the program activities on ProHIMS / DHIS2
- Monitor computer systems for malfunctions; report malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Supervise / carry out annual program assessments and evaluations in line with program priorities.
- Ensure proper management of program data collected and compiled from various hospital departments
- Oversee the activities of all data volunteers related to the DHIS2 tracker and viral load activities and ensure that all patient-related data entry is done in a timely manner
- Supervise entering of all supplied/ collected program data and prepares program reports and submits as indicated to assigned personnel
- Carry out routine data quality assessments across all program indicators/service delivery points
- As assigned or directed, perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Minimum Education / Training Requirement: BA / BSc, in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a degree in Science or Health related disciplines.
- Prior Work Experience: 5 years post NYSC, a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation, and Data Management or a combination of relevant training and experience in health services management position or similar experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- This position requires prior experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of health programs (preferably HIV programs).
- Demonstrable experience using DHIS2 is required
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good communication skills, level IV fluency in written and verbal English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage a diverse team
- Demonstration of good judgment and ability to work under pressure and strict timelines.
- Experience with managing relational database management systems
- Knowledge of SQL and FileMakerPro will be an added advantage
- Data management, proficiency in the use of computers, including the ability to rapidly process and analyze data using spreadsheets and statistical analysis tools.
N160,000 - N190,000 / Month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and CV to "The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)" specifying the Job Title and Location on the SUBJECT of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly attach your Academic and Training Certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in One PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in One Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applications without the attached Academic and Training Certificates will not be treated.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos State
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2021.