Deployment Coordinator at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deployment Coordinator
Reports to: Deployment Manager
Functional Area: Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
- Plan International is currently responding in Poland, Romania and Moldova to the Ukraine Refugee Crisis. As new responses, Plan’s programme and staffing requires significant surge capacity. Along with this Plan International continues to provide surge support globally to a multitude of crises.
- This role will support in sourcing staffing and deployment needs in the Ukraine response, working closely with the Deployment Manager.
Dimensions of the Role
- Plan International has seen an increase in requests for humanitarian surge capacity in its operations globally. At the same time, we are currently in the process of scaling up our response to the evolving Ukraine crisis, and establishing partnerships with national organisations in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. This requires dedicated support to the Ukraine crisis, supporting deployment processes.
- This position will support the Deployment Manager in ensuring that surge support is identified quickly for the Ukraine response, and all paperwork and administrative processes are completed quickly and in line with Plan Internationals policies and procedures.
- Manage the roster email account and record all requests for surge capacity support
- Support the deployment process for surge staff, with a particular focus on the Ukraine response.
- Liaison with Plan Internationals travel agent, ensuring flights and hotels are booked quickly and in line with our policies and procedures. This may require out of hours work due to the urgency of travel for many positions.
- Preparing all paperwork for staff deploying to the Ukraine crisis.
- Provide all staff deploying with key induction material, ensuring mandatory trainings have been completed in advance of travel.
- Supporting the advertisement of the roster, and screening applications to ensure we have a strong pool of internal and external roster members.
- Maintain visibility of roster requests within the organisation and work with the deployment manager to identify appropriate staff who can deploy.
- Maintaining a deployment tracker for all deployments to the Ukraine crisis.
- Developing regular deployment reports; analysing deployments by sex, technical area, location etc.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Deployment Manager
- People & Culture Team
- Roster leads
- Ukraine Crisis Support Hub
- Humanitarian Department
- Roster members
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in administration
- Ability to solve problems
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with short deadlines
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft applications
- Proven experience of working on HR processes
- Demonstrable knowledge of humanitarian ways of working
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th October 2023.