Director of Information Technology, Organisation and Methods Department at ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)
ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international financial institution established by the 15 Member States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). EBID includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The main objective of EBID is to contribute to the economic development of West Africa through the financing of ECOWAS and NEPAD projects and programs. The headquarters of the bank is in Lome in the Togolese Republic.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Information Technology, Organisation and Methods Department
Location: West Africa
- Reporting to the Secretary General, the Director of IT, Organization and Methods shall be responsible for the implementation of the Bank’s IT policy, and IT plan by coordinating, supervising and organizing activities relating to the Information Systems and Technologies of the Bank.
- Implement and monitor the IT policy of the Bank in line with the IT master plan;
- Define and implement IT methods, norms and standards;
- Plan, direct, organize and supervise the overall activities of the department;
- Ensure the implementation of policies, procedures and strategies governing the use of computers and office equipment;
- Participate actively in all activities of the Bank’s website Editorial Board;
- Consider the establishment of cost/benefit ratio of existing or proposed operating and management systems;
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the IT policy on the updating of computer software and equipment and also ensure their safety.
- Design and maintain a plan of data storage as well as an emergency plan that prevents work interruption in the event of breakdown of the main server;
- Identify and develop new systems for processing information to meet the needs of the Bank;
- Plan, procure and ensure the installation and maintenance of all IT equipment and peripherals and operating systems;
- Identify and assess the Bank’s IT needs in collaboration with all the Departments;
- Ensure the administration of systems, servers and all computers of the Bank;
- Advise Management of the Bank on all matters relating to IT;
- Perform any other duty assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Master's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent certificate from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years professional experience in Information Technology, preferably in a banking institution in which large scale projects have been carried out conclusively;
- Ability to think strategically in the implementation of IT programs;
- Sound knowledge in the application of processing tools such as: Oracle, XML, and WEB SERVICES will be highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the Internet and of related technologies is imperative;
- Analytical mind, sense of organization and ability to work in a multicultural environment and capacity to accommodate cultural differences;
- Ability to take initiative, well-disciplined and able to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage a team in a multi-cultural environment, develop good relationships with other staff members, impart knowledge and be able to delegate duties and responsibilities, supervise and take decisions;
- Vast experience in planning and executing major IT programs and projects;
- Mastery of Software Engineering concepts and technologies, and be conversant with relational and object oriented database concepts and their implementation;
- Be a national of one of the ECOWAS Member States;
- Must not be above 45 years at the time of recruitment;
- Have sound knowledge of computer tools (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point);
- Proficiency in oral and written expression in one of the official ECOWAS languages of the Community (English, French or Portuguese). Knowledge of another language will be an additional advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using “2023 RECRUITMENT PROGRAMME” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th January, 2023.
Application must include the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter,
- Copies of academic and professional certificates,
- A copy of national identity card or passport,
- A copy of birth certificate.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. EBID reserves the right to withdraw the notified vacancies or offer a position at a lower grade