Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Director of Marketing vacancy at Zola Electric Nigeria
Director of Marketing vacancy at Zola Electric Nigeria
Sep 6, 2019, 1:00 AM
Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Director of Marketing Location: Lagos Details
- We are looking for a Global Director of Marketing with strong experience in the digital space.
- You will play a critical role in our strategic plans for growth and will be an integral part of the commercial leadership team. This is your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge, experience, passion and skills to transform the renewable energy landscape. You’ll need to be ready to tackle the unique challenges that come with working in an emerging market and building a truly epic business.
- The Director of Marketing has full strategic accountability for the marketing function including: brand development, building & execution, digital marketing, and corporate communications.
- The role reports into the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and will work with the executive team to create and execute a cohesive marketing strategy with a primary focus on digital channels – to build engagement with the ZOLA brand and drive sales conversion in Zola’s target markets.
- The role is responsible for the Brand Asset in all the markets in which Zola operates.
- Develop the ZOLA Brand Strategy & execution plan (via translation of the Global Strategy into local strategic plans), prescribing priorities and resource allocation.
- Harmonize and amplify ZOLA Electric’s digital presence
- Develop and execute social media strategy
- Implement targeted social media advertising & influencer marketing campaigns
- Content Creation
- Resource team effectively, including succession planning, budgeting, and recruitment of staff members in collaboration with Human Capital and Finance Departments
- Create an environment with high engagement; lead, coach and mentor direct reports to foster personal growth and teamwork
- Manage performance of direct reports, ensuring achievement of department goals, and dealing with areas of non-performance
- Manage the administration of direct reports
- Develop annual budgets based on operational and financial targets
- Monitor the operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Authorise expenses as per delegation of authority
- This role is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Approximately 25% travel time required
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business/Commercial/Marketing (Masters preferred)
- 5 years experience in a full marketing leadership role, including people leadership, brand development / design, and broad tactical application across experiential, radio, tv, billboards, agency
- Comfortable creating and utilizing conversion funnel A/B testing and analytic tools (e.g. Optimizely, Google Analytics, Mixpanel)
- Experience utilizing CMS tools such as Wordpress to launch landing pages and update web content
- 3 years experience in digital marketing management in either an agency or online-first company with specific experience in managing cost of customer acquisition across paid search, social media marketing, and affiliate marketing
- Team Leadership
- People management skills
- Creation of Integrated Communication
- Category Planning
- Monitors progress & takes action
- Knowledge of financial principles/Commercial Acumen
- Project Management
- Understanding consumers and shoppers
- Strategic thinker
- Communication skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time management skills
- Breakthrough Thinking
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts