Driver at Damien Foundation (DFB)
Oct 5, 2020, 8:51 PM
Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara, Delta, Ondo, and Edo states) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Contract term: Full-time Position, 3-Months Fixed term contract (possible renewal)
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the overall supervision of the Administrative Office the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out standard driving supporting activities in line with DFB rules and regulations. He/She will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide transport support services to DFB Staff using an official vehicle(s) in relation to the implementation of project activities.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Manage the day-to-daymaintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure road worthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, keeping vehicle clean both inside and outside, etc
Education / Experience
- Level of Education : SSCE, Diploma.
- Certification of driver mechanic trade test and professional experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- At least four (5) years of professional driving with valid Nigerian Driver license and with NGOs.
- Good spoken and written skills in English language with at least one local language predominant in the State.
- Not more than 45 years old.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player.
- Time Management Skill.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to manage and prioritize workload.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th October, 2020.