Driver at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Aug 14, 2020, 7:57 PM
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontieres provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle.
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential: 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable: Experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Soft Copy of their Applications including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC certificate / exemption to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Hard Copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview;
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline Thursday 20th August, 2020.