Electrical Engineering Superintendent at Reliable Steel & Plastic Industry Limited
Reliable Plastic was incorporated on April 28th, 1998. We have been committed to providing the best quality products to our customers since its inception. Apart from the outstanding service that is provided, consumers are sure to be completely satisfied with the end product. Reliable Plastic promises to use only quality material for your product. Everything is done in-house with the company and therefore is your one-stop shop for product manufacturing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineering Superintendent
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for the oversight and leadership of a dedicated engineering team, including organizing the team's activities to support the various manufacturing activities and efforts of the overall company.
- Oversee and direct all aspects of equipment and building maintenance team and manufacturing engineering for production processes, ensuring that all machines for manufacturing processes run reliably and production is not hindered.
- Ensuring that repairs and maintenance projects are delivered on time and within budget, safely, cost-effectively and meet the required quality standards while overseeing engineering staffing requirements, providing supervision and direction to engineering employees as well as streamline processes for operational effectiveness.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Efficiency and effectiveness of all Production Machines and Utilities (Injection and Blow Molding Machines, Chillers, Air Compressors, etc)
- Effectiveness in managing and monitoring spare parts and tools
- Effectiveness and efficiency of workshop support
- Response time/speed/quality of repair and maintenance
- Reduction in engineering induced raw material/product damage/quality defect
- Control of repair/maintenance and engineering cost
- Machine availability and uptime rate
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from internal stakeholders.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with Production department and equipment vendors as needed.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides written justification for capital expenditures including purchasing, installing/validating new equipment and constructing new or upgrading existing production areas.
- Works closely with outside contractors and equipment vendors and manages projects and programs associated with them. Negotiates service agreements.
- Maintains a total preventive maintenance program which follows manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures. This includes: all manufacturing equipment, chillers, vacuum systems, dust collections systems, dehumidifier units, air compressors, furnace, lighting, etc.
- Develops and maintains recordkeeping system that retains information on equipment downtime that includes when and why a breakdown occurred, and exactly what steps, parts, equipment and/or tools were used to return equipment to service.
- Takes any corrective action to prevent repeat equipment failures, if applicable.
- Coordinating/overseeing new construction, remodeling or repairs. Works closely with outside contractors such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, etc.
- Negotiating service contracts with aforementioned contractors as well as landscaping/lawn cutting services.
- Assuring Company vehicles are routinely serviced and any necessary repairs are made when needed.
- Complies with government regulations as they apply to manufacturing engineering and the Company in general.
- Assures parts/components are available. Works closely with Supply chain department (Procurement and Store) to remedy any shortages.
- Coordinates/oversees the repair of equipment breakdowns via Maintenance Repair Techs or by requesting outside service when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Electrical Engineering or related field; MBA or advanced degree a plus; licensed PE a plus
- 10+ years of experience in high volume plastic manufacturing utilizing electro-mechanical systems, with key experiences in the following: Evaluating, specifying, negotiating, and commissioning of capital equipment, Managing preventative and reactive maintenance process, Leading continuous improvement and lean manufacturing programs
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in managing projects & programs and maintaining metrics
- Knowledge and experience relating to building construction and modifications
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD and ERP software
- Experience and knowledge of provincial health and safety standards.
- Strong combination of technical, leadership, written & oral communication, team collaboration and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th October, 2021.