Engineering Coordinator / Admin at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Engineering Coordinator / Admin
Job Number: 21075441
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Administrative
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely?: N
- Coordinate with other departments using telecommunications devices in order to respond to requests and resolve maintenance issues and to put rooms needing maintenance out of order.
- Coordinate and schedule with other departments in the event of major system shut down or major repair or improvement.
- Maintain purchase orders log and file purchase orders upon payment, ensuring that orders match packing slips.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
Safety and Security:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proof reading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Assist management in preparing payroll of hourly employees (e.g., ensure accuracy, adjustments, and distribution).
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Coordinate BMS, Mesh, QA website and all other Engineering standards.
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Quality Assurance / Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Maintain Building and Property:
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
Maintain Records or Logs:
- Coordinate with Housekeeping or Front Desk to put rooms needing maintenance out of order.
Coordinate with Others:
- Coordinate with other departments using telecommunications devices in order to respond to requests and resolve maintenance issues.
- Coordinate and schedule with other departments in the event of major system shut down or major repair or
- In charge of the engineering store, maintain purchase order log and file purchase order upon payment, ensuring that orders match packing slips.
- In charge of the engineering program called Transcendent, that manages asset, location and property.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent
Related Work Experience:
- At least 2 years of work related experience.
- No supervisory experience is required.
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills in Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Electronic Communication
- Applied Reading
- Form, Report, and Log Completion
- English Language Proficiency.
- Stress Tolerance
- Positive Demeanor.
- Safety Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Detail Orientation.
- Maintain Files and Records
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply