Environmental, Health and Safety Manager at M-Kopa
M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Job type: Full-time
Category: Services - Legal
- Develop, plan, co-ordinate and direct environmental and health / safety activities in West Africa.
Key Job Functions
- Support the leadership in developing and implementing a proper management system for improving the overall EHS performance of the company
- Help coordinate M-KOPA’s ongoing COVID-19 response and relief efforts.
- Develop EHS KPIs to track progress and advise M-KOPA management on emerging health and safety risks and develop and implement effective mitigating plans.
- Coordinate M-KOPA’s employee-led health and safety committees.
- Champion EHS activities and standards and support M-KOPA to achieve high safety standards and improve the overall EHS performance of the company
- Develop and conduct EHS training and education programs for employees and contractors.
- Takes part in accident/incident investigation and carries out analysis of statistics and suggesting improvement plan and reports on any accidents/incidents and ensures a register of the same is maintained and updated
- Develop and effectively manage an EHS budget for the respective markets within their scope
- Monthly and quarterly submission of EHS reports
- Support the Management in driving the education, communication, training, and implementation of the ESMS across the company in all operational areas, including its associated business activities, contractors, and supply chains, where relevant.
- Ensure compliance with EHS laws, regulations, international standards, best practices and internal procedures for the respective markets within their scope
- Develop, implement and effectively embed environment, health and safety policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure that emergency preparedness and response plans are developed, documented, implemented, and tested
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits (both internally and externally) and implement findings in a timely and effective manner.
- Conducts EHS risk assessments, analyzes EHS data and records to ensure the quality of implementation for the EHS management system.
Experience / Skills & Competencies / Licences & Certifications / Education Required
- University qualification in a relevant discipline including Environmental Health & Safety Management, Security Management, Risk Management, or relevant professional qualifications.
- Strong track record of performing and overseeing EHS audits, action plans, and maintaining an EHS action and reporting system.
- Strong written, verbal, communication, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Valid driving license a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Recognized EHS Certifications in-depth knowledge of EHS law, regulations, guidelines, and international best practices.
- At least three years experience as an EHS professional, with managerial experience a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process