Facility Maintenance and Management Officer at the Nigeria Institute of Chartered Arbitrators
The Nigeria Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NICArb) is the premier arbitration institute in Nigeria founded in 1979 under the leadership of former Attorney General of Nigeria and former judge of the World Court at The Hague, Judge Bola Ajibola, SAN, KBE and duly incorporated in 1988 under the Companies Act as a legal entity Limited by Guarantee.
Since 1979, the Nigerian Institute has been in the forefront promoting the domestication, knowledge and practice of arbitration and ADR in Nigeria and has gained reputation as the preferred appointing authority and arbitration handling institution for a broad spectrum of commercial disputants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Maintenance and Management Officer (FMMO)
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.), refurbishments and handle all telecommunication related issues.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Inspect the Institute’ s premises to determine the need for repairs or renovations where necessary and ensure that it meets compliance standards and government regulations.
- Source and oversee contracts and service providers for functions such as cleaning, parking and security.
- Carry out periodic servicing and maintenance of generators and other machineries acquired by the organization.
- Perform analysis and forecast the facility’s upcoming needs and requirements.
- Advise staff on measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility.
- Deal with emergencies as they arise.
- Draft maintenance reports.
- Manage budgets and review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs at all times.
- Ensure that basic facilities are well-maintained and conduct proactive maintenance.
- Supervise all support staff (security personnel, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors.
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, management and security of building, water facilitation to the whole building, etc.
- Attend to any other job as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Competenecies / Requirements
Functional / Technical:
- Candidates should possess a Master's Degree in relevant fields with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project management
- Operations and Maintenance
- Time management and quality control
- Proficient user of Microsoft software
- Good communication skills
- People management skill
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be Pro-active
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have good communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements need not apply
Application Deadline 12th December, 2021.