Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Religion > Facility Manager in a Voluntary Christian Faith-based Organization
Facility Manager in a Voluntary Christian Faith-based Organization
Feb 5, 2020, 3:02 PM
Elduke Consulting - Our client, a voluntary Christian faith-based organization, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Manager Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Facility Manager functions in two primary roles: first, as a manager who directs and develops the facilities team (both staff and volunteers) and, secondly, as an interface to bring hands-on skills for maintenance and repair needs
- These two roles combine into one position to bring competent leadership for the appearance, cleanliness, maintenance and security of the building, systems, equipment, and grounds for all properties of the Church.
- The Facility Manager is responsible for the care and function of all facilities to ensure its highest and most effective use in order to meet all the ministry functions of the church
- The Facility Manager will work closely with service providers such as plumbers, electricians, painters and other equipment technicians on a weekly basis to meet the various facilities needs related to the ministries of the church.
- Address building maintenance and janitorial work
- Prepare the facilities for all the ministry events. [In the event a job is beyond the skills of our facilities team and outsourced to a third party contractor, the manager will also supervise such contract services pertaining to the facilities]
- The Facility Manager reports directly to the Director of Administration. Meetings are expected weekly as well as unscheduled times when necessary
- They also meet directly with The Senior Pastor and/or Executive Team as needed.
- The Facility Manager will work to create the organizational structure to empower the department to operate in a spirit of unity and excellence
- This requires a strong emphasis on team building and ongoing recruiting of volunteers.
- Develop and manage maintenance schedules for all building, equipment, and grounds.
- Manage a work order system that is fluid between staff and the facilities team.
- Train facilities staff to share the work load of maintaining the facilities.
- Maintain and manage qualified vendors and contractors to perform maintenance and repairs to insure timely and quality work on all our properties.
- Oversee janitorial services for all buildings, as well as for grounds services (landscaping, parking lot, exterior of buildings).
- Manage the facilities team, directing them day to day to meet both maintenance needs as well as ministry event needs.
- Train facilities staff to address basic maintenance and repair items.
- Develop facilities department procedures and standards for staff and volunteers.
- Develop a strong volunteer team that works in concern with the facilities staff.
- Manage and Conduct Maintenance Activities:
- Develop a long term (5-10 years) forecast of maintenance items to be addressed, ensure building, equipment, and grounds are at their highest and best use.
- Closely observe all utilities costs (gas, electricity, water, sewer, etc.) to determine any unusual patterns and determine ways to save costs.
- Works to create, monitor, and execute the annual budget pertaining to the facilities.
- Ensure adherence to building and land use codes from related municipal and regulatory agencies.
- Review all outside vendor pricing, quotes and invoices to ensure satisfactory completion and budgetary compliance.
- Accountable for facilities projects assigned to insure they are done on time and within budget.
- Manage, update, and execute the Accident Prevention Program.
- A member of our Safety Team
- Works with Security Team Director to understand and help employ the building surveillance camera system and Emergency Response Programs for all ministries and departments.
- Manage closely the fire alarm and building alarm systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Train facilities staff and key volunteers to operate these systems during ministry events.
- Manage and assign all keys and fobs for building doors and access points.
- Manage church vehicle use and keep log of all registered and approved drivers.
- In addition to the above and as required from time to time, there may be additional areas of supervision for which this position will have the responsibility, as assigned by the Lead Pastor, Executive Team, and / Director of Administration.
- A Christian that demonstrates a Christ honoring life and testimony.
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline. Have technical training or experience in at least one of the building/equipment disciplines (ie HVAC, electrical, construction, plumbing, facility management).
- Software/Equipment used: Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), large and small power tools, hand tools, and safety equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the maintenance or construction fields, as well as supervisory experience. Also have experience in managing a large or multiple location facilities
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Familiar with software related to preventative maintenance and/or projects (ie Facility Space).
- Strong business and numerical skills.
- Effective communicator to staff, supervisors, and volunteers.
- Solid budgeting and staff management skills.
- Construction management skills/experience.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.Application Deadline 19th February, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts