Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Field Coordinator Job Vacancy at INTERSOS Nigeria
Field Coordinator Job Vacancy at INTERSOS Nigeria
Oct 31, 2019, 9:49 PM
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job title: Field Coordinator Locations: Ngala, Diwka, Bama, Damasak, Banki, Monguno - Borno Total work hours: 40 / week Reporting to: Head of Base Purpose of the Position
- The Head of Field Office shall provide leadership in field humanitarian interventions in the assigned Field Office. He/she will manage all administrative aspects of the assigned Field Office.
- He/she will also create and maintain close relationships with local government, host community representatives, IDP representatives, local and international NGOs and international organizations, and other stakeholders.
- This is a new position for INTERSOS, which will lead the organization’s effort to standardize its internal processes and procedures down to the Field Office.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Base, all the Support Departments (Administration [Finance], Logistics, Security, and Human Resources), and the Sector Coordinators to ensure organization policies, processes, and procedures are followed.
- The Head of Field Office will ensure the needs of the office, guest houses, and other INTERSOS facilities are addressed in a timely manner.
- He/she will be the focal point for the assigned field office to the rest of the organization.
- He/she will be the security focal point for the assigned field office.
- Share and communicate office policies, processes, and procedures with all staff in the Field Office, ensuring they are followed by all staff;
- Provide input into new or revised policies, processes, and procedures to strengthen the office;
- Maintain open communication with Head of Base, other Head of Field Offices, and project staff with a focus on problem solving and office strengthening;
- Support the HR Department in performing specific administrative HR tasks, such as: timely collection of timesheets and staff leave forms and forwarding them to the HR Department;
- Be the focal point to explain and enforce HR policies;
- Liaising with project managers for the payment of volunteers and daily workers;
- Conduct regular meetings with staff and liaise with the HR Department to solve HR-related issues, if any;
- Facilitate the recruitment process of staff in that work location, if necessary;
- Liaise with HR Department to arrange the arrival of a new staff;
- Liaise with HR Department, Head of Base, and Security Department in case of medical evacuation;
- In close collaboration with Finance Dept and PMs, manage office cash in the field office, including distribution of cash payments;
- Ensure purchase request and finance documentation, including invoices, are collected, submitted, and forwarded to timely processing and payment of vendors;
- Procurement, support the Logistics Officer/Assistant in daily management of procurement, including taking over duties when the Logistics Officer/Assistant is out of the office;
- Facility Management, gather the needs of the base and channel them to Provincial Office in coordination with the Logistics Officer;
- Daily maintain office premises to a high standard (maintenance, cleaning, etc.). Work closely with Logistics, Security, and Head of Base to address all identified needs;
- Supervise cleaners to ensure they complete their jobs thoroughly and professionally;
- Daily maintain guest houses to a high standard (maintenance, cleaning, etc.). Promptly address all identified problems, working closely with Logistics, Security, and Head of Base.
- Supervise cleaners to ensure they complete their jobs thoroughly and professionally.
- Support the creation a positive atmosphere and environment within the guest houses.
- Maintain continually updated list of visitors.
- Ensure there is appropriate bed space for all overnight visitors in approved locations (whether in a guest house or hotel).
- Keep track of visitor flight timing to ensure all visitors depart on time and are met on arrival.
- Assist visitors to address any needs.
- Organize fleet management, ensuring there are enough vehicles available for all project activities.
- Ensure that drivers operate and maintain their vehicles according to the contract, including maintaining vehicle logbooks.
- Serve as Security Focal point, working closely with Security Coordinator and Head of Base.
- Ensure all staff know, practice, and follow all security standard operating procedures.
- Ensure Security guards are aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty; ensure the guards have equipment necessary to perform their responsibilities;
- Ensure INTERSOS offices and GHs are well equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits and emergency contact list;
- Regularly update context and analysis or area’s security
- Secures INTERSOS premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting office compound, equipment, and access points and entry gates;
- Build and maintain close relationships local government, community and IDP representatives, other NGOs and International Organizations, and others.
- Build positive relationships between project staff, encouraging a One Mission attitude.
- Maintain close relationship with Head of Base and other Heads of Field Offices, working together to solve problems and strengthen internal processes and procedures.
- Five years of relevant professional work experience in administrative management.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, power point presentation etc.)
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages effectively his own time as well as flexible and available to work over-time when needed
- Able to work quickly and find creative solutions to identified problems.
- Background/familiarity with emergency.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and experience as a leader.
- Prior experience working for humanitarian agencies
- Knowledge of the operational area
- Candidates interested in this position should complete the form above and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts