Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Field Cordinators at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
Field Cordinators at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
Jan 27, 2020, 1:27 PM
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Field Cordinator Locations: Jigawa & Kaduna
About the Program Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. The program will span 5 years and will:
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- He/she will lead the planning, coordination of, management and reporting of project activities at the state and local level, engaging with key stakeholders on the one hand and reporting to Sahel’s Program Management Office (PMO) on the other hand with the objective of achieving projects’ goals.
- The Field Coordinators will ensure high quality implementation of Sahel projects in Northern Nigeria
- Lead the engagement with the implementing partners, service providers and other key stakeholders including federal, state and local governments and other entities involved in the program’s activities to deliver on the targets for the program
- In coordination with the Sahel PMO, facilitate the development of project strategies, plan technical capacity building interventions, activities and policies related to increasing the production and productivity of smallholder dairy farmers.
- Coordinate field activities, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Report on follow up, trainings, support provided to groups, monitoring and evaluation activities
- Document success stories and case studies.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project approval, monitoring and implementation.
- Building daily progress reports into quarterly, annual and final reports and respond to the queries related to project particularly technical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access on the portal.
- Abide Sahel’s procedures and policies for compliance, including financial, procurement etc.
- Support program managers in the management process to implementing partners and contractors. Ensure effective utilization of project funds by grantees.
- Support the Program Manager in planning, reviewing and tracking progress on project, implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources, effective financial management and reporting.
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across cultures and religions, with strong communication and listening abilities, good problem-solving approach and conflict resolution at individual and community level
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical skills in planning and project implementation
- Ability to be flexible, respond professionally, and establish priorities in often fluid, changing, and challenging situations with little clear guidance is necessary.
- Ability to work calmly, tactfully, and effectively under pressure and to demonstrate extreme flexibility in managing more than one activity.
- Sound knowledge of local environment
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Proficiency in the English language (required) and Hausa (preferred).
- University Degree in Agriculture or related field with 3 years’ relevant experience at field level of community development with a strong understanding of social development
- Strong networks with key stakeholders in the agriculture landscape in both the public, private and development sector. Experience in collaborating and managing relationships with federal and state governments, donors, private sector and other key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent personal organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. NoteApplication Deadline Open Till Filled.
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.
- Only candidates who live in Jigawa and Kaduna will be considered.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts