Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Finance / Accounts Manager at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited
Finance / Accounts Manager at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited
Mar 26, 2020, 4:54 PM
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Finance / Accounts Manager Location: Ogun
- The Finance/Accounts Manager would be expected to prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of resources.
- Analyzing variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing checks and expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Participating in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
- Managing compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Entering accurate and timely transaction information into the accounting system
- Reviewing payment request including travel advances and reconciliation documents and ensure compliance with the company's policies
- Managing payroll for staff and expense reimbursements for all staff
- Preparing cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining financial documents and a robust filing system
- Monitoring cash flow and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management to manage shortfalls/ surpluses
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
- Financial management and financial reporting skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (ACA, ACCA, ).
- 5 to 7 years of accounting related experience
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a Word - formatted single document to: email@example.com with "Finance/Accounts Manager" as the subject. Application Deadline Open till Filled. Note: Preference is for candidates who live around Sango Otta and its environs.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts