Finance & Accounts Manager at Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited
Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited is an indigenous company incorporated in 1992 to provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas, Power, Petrochemicals, Government and Industrial sectors. The company has a pool of experienced engineers who have acquired over 20 years experience individually in engineering design, construction, fabrication and maintenance services. The qualities of our services attest to their skills and capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Accounts Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Initiates and drives annual plans and budgets in support of achievement of the corporate strategic plan.
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures in accordance with financial standards
- Manages and tracks the implementation of the company annual budgets
- Advises management on changes in financial regulations, legislation and government tariffs
- Manages bank balances, interest, income, and expenses, and is responsible for overseeing and reviewing, reconciliation of all bank and ledger balances
- Prepares periodic financial statements informing the management of Tomsey’s financial position
- Oversees the preparation of annual financial accounts and management accounts
- Oversees the deduction and remitting of deductibles e.g. Pension Funds, PAYE
- Computes and remit tax liabilities to the appropriate regulatory bodies
- Develops measures or controls to ensure that all financial transactions are accurately captured and reported
- Reviews monthly payroll for employees and outsourced personnel/service providers
- Enforces policies and procedures to ensure that the company’s liabilities are minimized and payments promptly settled in line with agreed terms
- Review and recommend changes to the organisation’s investment policies based on market conditions as well as assess treasury performance benchmarks and recommend changes when necessary
- Responds to relevant requests from financial institutions
- Maintains financial files and records and maintain suppliers’ accounts
- Ensures all transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Collaborates with external auditor to prepare and conduct the annual financial audit of the company.
- Approves accruals and adjustments on erroneously posted financial transactions into the financial system
- Develops and manages relationships with relevant external bodies / contacts e.g. regulatory organizations auditors, solicitors, banks etc.
- Manages the performance of staff in Finance Department.
- Supervises the fixed asset management process. Establishes procedures to secure, account for and monitor the acquisition, movement and disposal of fixed assets for Tomsey.
- Implements accounting controls in day-to-day performance of tasks (e.g. confirming the accuracy of general ledger codes on the accounting system)
- Undertakes risk management activities to protect financial well-being and minimize risk exposure by levering financial tools such as hedging etc. Corporate Treasury Management
- Informs investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions
- Present written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.
- Sourcing for funds for the organisation’s working capital at the most competitive rate possible.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree qualification with 8 - 10 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV to: [email protected] using "Finance & Accounts Manager" as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 7th October, 2022.